|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014)|
There is no official wireless standard that includes the name HDMI, which is a registered trademark of HDMI Licensing LLC.
- various proprietary protocols for wireless transmission (LG "Wireless 1080p", Philips "Wireless HDTV Link", Sony "Bravia Wireless Link", Asus "Wireless Display Connectivity", etc.);
- there are several technologies attempting to become the industry standards like WirelessHD, Wireless Home Digital Interface and the Wireless Gigabit Alliance;
- proprietary video compression schemes that work over 802.11n and similar wireless interfaces;
- Asus WAVI (Wireless Audio Video Interaction) wireless HDMI use 4 x 5 MIMO-channels with Two-Way Wireless USB Control.
Wireless HDTV (aka WiDi) availability is currently an on-going development. In 2010, Toshiba began marketing the first WiDi device.
- "Asus WAVI HDMI". Retrieved 2011-05-06.
|This electronics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|