Wiretree from left to right R.Peroni, K.Peroni, Blanchard, Kaplan
|Origin||Austin, Texas, United States|
|Genres||indie rock, post-punk, singer-songwriter|
|Labels||Cobaltworks Records (US)|
|Past members||Carlos Villarreal
Wiretree is an American indie pop/indie rock band from Austin, Texas. Initially a solo project based on Kevin Peroni's homemade recordings, Wiretree now currently also includes Joshua Kaplan on guitar, Rachel Peroni on bass and Daniel Blanchard on drums. Their music draws influence from british rock, indie, singer songwriter, jazz with home-based recording and song structures. The band played one of the largest festivals in China, The Strawberry Festival in the Spring of 2013. Their fourth album, "Get Up" was released 2013.
Initially working under the pseudonym Wiretree, Kevin Peroni self-produced and performed the full-length album, Bouldin in 2007. The album's track, Big Coat was featured on the PBS series Roadtrip Nation. After the release of Bouldin, Peroni recruited Joshua Kaplan on guitar, Rachel Peroni on bass and Daniel Blanchard on drums to solidify the project. The group released their second effort Luck in 2009 while being named Best kept secret by Blurt Magazine. The Canadian Television series Heartland featured Wiretree's song Whirl In early 2011. On January 26, 2011, the band was recorded on Austin City Limits Satellite Sets for KLRU. In 2013, Wiretree was featured in the season 2 finale of the PBS show, Hardly Sound and the band has an official SXSW showcase in 2014.
- Kevin Peroni – vocals, guitar, piano
- Joshua Kaplan – guitar
- Rachel Peroni – bass
- Daniel Blanchard - drums, percussion
- Bouldin LP (US, 2007) Cobaltworks Music
- Luck LP (US, 2009) Cobaltworks Music
- Make Up LP (US, 2011) Cobaltworks Music
- Get Up LP (US, 2013) Cobaltworks Music
- Self Titled EP|Self Titled (2005) Self-released
Used in Film/TV
- The song Out of my mind was used in the CBS series Person of Interest in the Spring of 2014
- The song When You Were Young was used in the CTV series Played late 2013
- The song Big Coat was used in episode 4 of Roadtrip Nation in 2008, broadcast on PBS.
- The song Get Up was used in season 4 episode 9 of The Listener on June 17, 2013, broadcast on CTV
- The song Whirl was used in season 4 episode 11 of Heartland in early 2011, broadcast on CTV
- Interview, Blurt Magazine, 06/10/2009 June 10, 2009
- "Roadtrip Nation", Season 5, 10/10/2009 October 10, 2009
- "Best Kept Secret: Wiretree", Blurt Magazine, 06/25/2009 June 25, 2009
- "TV.com Episode Guide", TV.com, 01/11/2011 January 9, 2011
- "Austin City Limits Presents: Satellite Sets", Satellite Sets - Wiretree, 01/26/2011 January 26, 2011
- Official website
- Blurt Magazine, Interview: Best Kept Secret, June 25, 2009.
- Under the Radar Magazine, Feature: Premiere: Satellite Song, September 11, 2009.
- Magnet Magazine, Feature: MP3 at 3PM, November 8, 2009.
- KLRU Television Station, Taping: Austin City Limits: Satellite Sets, January 26, 2010.