Wisconsin Great Northern Railroad
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012)|
The Wisconsin Great Northern Railroad operates a historic train line in Trego, Wisconsin on approximately 20 miles of track. It was founded on April 1, 1997. The line runs dinner trains, bed and breakfast trains, and scenic sight seeing tours.
And as of Nov. 2014 now has a switcing contract with C.N. too Switch L.P. and Johnson lumber..
Opened a new Depot in June 2013.
- WGN #423 - Former Chicago & Northwestern EMD F7
- WGN #400 - Former Chicago & Northwestern EMD F7 #400/#4084C/#415 Spear parts for WGN#423
- WGN #862 - Former Milwaukee Road EMD SW1
- WGN #6006- Former WC SD40-2, used for freight
- WGN #26 "East Lexington" - Sleeper (currently under restoration)
- D&NM #28 "Arrowhead" - Originally an 80 seat coach for the Duluth and Northern Minnesota Railway, now a diner lounge
- D&NM #32 "Apostle Isle" - Originally an 80 seat coach for the Duluth and Northern Minnesota Railway, now a 64 seat diner
- WGN #34 "Presque Isle" - Originally an 80 seat coach that was formerly used on Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway on Maintenance-of-way trains, now a 56 seat diner
- WGN # 112 "Namekagon Club" is currently used as the WGN's gift shop and concession car. It was formerly used on Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway on Maintenance-of-way trains.
- WGN #112 "Richard F. Gilberg" - Originally a mail car, now bar car.
- Chicago & Northwestern business car "Flambeu".
- Multiple unrestored coaches of various types that are either being used for storage purposes or are presently awaiting restoration.
Other Rolling Stock
- 1 former Chicago & Northwestern bay window caboose.
- 1 Former Algoma Central Railway wooden cupola caboose #9514.
- 1 Former Lake Superior & Ishpeming Railroad cupola caboose #2.
- Former Duluth, Missabe & Iron Range Railway crane X-7 & Boom Car #W6331.
- 2 Snowplows (One of which is ex - Chicago & Northwestern.).