|Headquarters||50 Grove Street, Somerville,
Massachusetts, United States
|Founder(s)||Chris Savage, Brendan Schwartz|
(see list of localized domain names)
|Alexa rank||10,908 (February 2013[update])|
|Type of site||Video hosting service|
|Registration||Required (Trial signups and memberships allow access to uploading, managing, and tracking videos)|
Wistia Inc. is an internet video hosting and analytics company that was founded in April 2006 by Brown University graduates Chris Savage and Brendan Schwartz. Its aim was to help filmmakers collaborate remotely online.
Wistia provides video hosting for businesses and personal users. The Wistia application includes detailed analytics (such as viewer heatmaps) and integrations with external stats tools like Google Analytics. The Wistia interface allows for complete customization of the video player, post and pre-roll behavior of the video, and an API which allows users to make customizations to their videos, accounts, and statistics programmatically on the back end. 
Along with features like the SuperEmbed Builder, which is the tool that assists with the generation of embed codes as well as the customization of the video's behavior and the player's look, Wistia has also integrated closed captioning, transcripts, and other tools that are growing increasingly important in the video marketing world.
Wistia produces educational resources on video marketing; these include instructional videos in the Learning Center as well as regular blog content. These resources include content on pre-production, production, and post-production considerations. 
- "Wistia.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved February 1, 2013.
- Summers, Nick (January 23, 2013). "Learn how to script, film and edit great video with hosting startup Wistia's new Learning Center". TheNextWeb.com. Retrieved February 1, 2013.
- Vannicelli, Laurence (2009). "America's Best Young Entrepreneurs". Business Week. Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- Michelle Pacansky-Brock (10 September 2012). Best Practices for Teaching with Emerging Technologies. Routledge. pp. 71–72. ISBN 978-0-415-89938-3. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
- Venture Funding Raising
- Downloading the Wistia API
- How to Video Email Marketing
- Mixergy Interview with co-founder Chris Savage
- Online Video Hosting Breakdown