|Foundation date||(April 2006)|
|Headquarters||50 Grove Street, Somerville,
Massachusetts, United States
|Founder(s)||Chris Savage, Brendan Schwartz|
(see list of localized domain names)
|Alexa rank||10,908 (February 2013[update])|
|Type of site||Video hosting service|
|Registration||Required (Trial signups and memberships allow access to uploading, managing, and tracking videos)|
Wistia is an internet video hosting and analytics company that was founded in April 2006 by Brown University graduates Chris Savage and Brendan Schwartz. Its aim was to help filmmakers collaborate remotely online.
The company developed applications to help companies track the ways consumers watch, use and interact with online videos. It provides hosting, managing, and tracking of video statistics for businesses and website owners. Wistia offers users the ability to view its videos on web pages with transcripts of the video for a fee.
- "Wistia.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved February 1, 2013.
- Summers, Nick (January 23, 2013). "Learn how to script, film and edit great video with hosting startup Wistia's new Learning Center". TheNextWeb.com. Retrieved February 1, 2013.
- Vannicelli, Laurence (2009). "America's Best Young Entrepreneurs". Business Week. Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 12 March 2012.
- Michelle Pacansky-Brock (10 September 2012). Best Practices for Teaching with Emerging Technologies. Routledge. pp. 71–72. ISBN 978-0-415-89938-3. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
- Venture Funding Raising
- Downloading the Wistia API
- How to Video Email Marketing
- Mixergy Interview with co-founder Chris Savage
- Online Video Hosting Breakdown