With Love (Amanda Lear album)
|Studio album by Amanda Lear|
|Released||October 16, 2006 (France)
February 26, 2008 (Italy)
November 25, 2008 (Germany)
|Recorded||May–August 2006, Blue Sound Studio, Levallois-Perret, LR Studio, Villeneuve|
|Length||40:28 (French edition)
43:17 (European edition)
48:10 (Italian edition)
|Label||Dance Street (DST 77065-2), Edina Music, The Saifam Group, ZYX Music|
|Producer||Yvon Chateigner, Alain Mendiburu|
|Amanda Lear chronology|
With Love a.k.a. Amour Toujours a.k.a. My Baby Just Cares for Me was first released in France in October 2006, and launched in the rest of Europe in early 2007. With Love covers evergreens and jazz standards by the disco diva's own favourite divas, among them Eartha Kitt, Dalida, Peggy Lee, Mae West, Nina Simone, Marlene Dietrich and Juliette Gréco. This tribute is a continuation of the ballad classics included on 2001's Heart; "Hier Encore (Yesterday When I Was Young)", "The Look of Love" and "Lili Marleen".
The album was released by ZYX Music Germany in 2007 with a bonus live recording of the track "Johnny", and in 2008 in Italy under the title Amour Toujours with two recent re-recordings of Lear's Seventies hits "Queen of China-Town" and "Tomorrow" as bonus tracks. The album was re-reissued by ZYX Music again in November 2008, then as a midprice release under the title My Baby Just Cares for Me and without any of the bonus tracks.
|1.||"C'est Magnifique" (Cole Porter)||2:29|
|2.||"Whatever Lola Wants" (Richard Adler, Jerry Ross)||3:07|
|3.||"Is That All There Is?" (Jerry Leiber, Mike Stoller)||4:24|
|4.||"Love for Sale" (Cole Porter)||3:36|
|5.||"I'm in the Mood for Love" (Dorothy Fields, Jimmy McHugh)||3:48|
|6.||"My Baby Just Cares for Me" (Walter Donaldson, Gus Kahn)||3:37|
|7.||"Si La Photo Est Bonne" (Barbara)||2:53|
|9.||"Bambino" (Giuseppe Fanciulli, Nisa)||3:20|
|10.||"Senza Fine" (Gino Paoli, Alec Wilder)||3:17|
|11.||"Kiss Me Honey Kiss Me" (Michael Julien, Al Timothy)||2:35|
|12.||"Déshabillez-moi" (Robert Nyel, Gaby Verlor)||4:18|
European CD bonus track
|13.||"Johnny (Live)" (Hollander)||2:49|
Amour Toujours CD bonus track
|13.||"Queen of Chinatown 2008" (Rainer Pietsch, Amanda Lear)||4:09|
|14.||"Tomorrow 2008" (Rainer Pietsch, Amanda Lear)||3:33|
"Long before it became trendy, I covered songs of my favourite singers.
I convinced my record company, German at the time, to include some evergreens among the disco tracks, such as "Lili Marleen", "As Time Goes By", "Fever", "Magic Moments" etc.
Today I want to pay tribute to the female singers who so beautifully have sung of Love, Passion and Desire. "Torch singers" that everybody remembers. Many of the songs included here were sung by different artists, as it was usual in the fifties and the sixties. I discovered them through the artists that I dedicate each song to, but don't forget, of course, there are other fabulous singers; Doris Day, Judy Garland, Josephine Baker, Edith Piaf, Billie Holiday, Mina, Dusty Springfield, Dionne Warwick, Diana Ross etc.
The lyrics talk about the most important thing in life: Love!
Some are happy (Cole Porter's "C'est Magnifique"), some are ironic ("Si La Photo Est Bonne", "Whatever Lola Wants"), others are blue and disillusioned ("Love For Sale", another Cole Porter song). I also chose signature songs from Juliette Gréco ("Deshabillez-Moi") and Nina Simone ("My Baby Just Cares For Me"). We could not forget Marlene Dietrich, Hildegard Knef, Dalida and the most touching of them all; Peggy Lee's "Is That All There Is?"
Oui, tonight I'm in the mood for love...
- Amanda Lear - lead vocals
- Yvon Chateigner - record producer
- Alain Mendiburu - record producer
- Leonard Raponi - produced, arrangement
- Jun Adashi - production assistant
- Romain Joubert - pro-tools assistant
- Vincent Lépée - sound engineer
- Leonard Raponi- keyboards, programming
- Pierre Bertrand - piano
- Christophe Galizio - drums, percussion
- Alain Bernard - keyboards, co-arranger on "Love For Sale"
- Lionel Campana - concert master
- Yves Martin - backing vocals
- Leonard Raponi - backing vocals
- Concept and titles selection: Amanda Lear
- Julien Daguet - photography
- Amanda Lear's hairstyle by: Christophe at Claude Maxime, Paris
- Design - Vincent Malléa and Aurélien Tourette, inthemoon
- 2006: France, Dance Street DST 77065-2
Alternate album editions
- 2007: With Love (German Edition). Bonus track; 13. "Johnny" (Live). (Germany, ZYX Music YC151166).
- 2008: Amour Toujours; Italian release of With Love with 2 new songs. Track 1: an updated dance version of "Queen Of China-Town" and Track 2: a salsa version of "Tomorrow" (Italy; Saifam COM 1185-2)
- 2008: My Baby Just Cares for Me (Germany, ZYX Music)