|Headquarters||Tel Aviv, Israel|
|Number of locations||San Francisco, New York City, Dnipropetrovsk|
|Services||Website builder, Web hosting service|
Wix.com is a freemium online platform that allows users to create HTML5 websites, mobile sites and customized Facebook pages, through the use of "Drag & Drop" tools. Through its recently released App Market, users are able to add different third-party apps to their sites, such as eCommerce solutions, contact forms, online chat, coupons and more.
Wix was founded in 2006 by Avishai Abrahami, Nadav Abrahami and Giora Kaplan. The company, headquartered in Tel Aviv, with offices in San Francisco, New York City and Dnipropetrovsk, is backed by investors Insight Venture Partners, Mangrove Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners and Benchmark Capital.
By April 2010 Wix had 3.5 million users and raised $10 million in Series C funding provided by Benchmark Capital and existing investors Bessemer Venture Partners and Mangrove Capital Partners. A year later, in March 2011, Wix had 8.5 million users and raised $40 million in Series D funding, bring its total funding to date to $61 million.
Move to HTML5 
In March 2012, Wix launched a new HTML5 site builder, replacing the Adobe Flash technology; existing sites built in Flash were still supported, but all new customers were directed to the new HTML5 platform.
Wix offers three main services, including website design, mobile site design, and customized Facebook fan pages.
App Market 
On October 2012, Wix launched an app market for selling of third-party applications built with the company's automated Web development technology. The platform also enables customers to integrate applications from the market with their own websites. The app market offers applications for solutions, such as: photo feeds, blogging, music playlists, online community, and e-mail marketing. A software development kit enables developers to build and offer applications to the Wix user base. The market offers both free and subscription-based applications, with a revenue split of 70 percent for the developer and 30 percent for Wix.
See also 
- Zukerman, Erez (9 April 2012). "Create a Website Easily With Wix". PCWorld. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- "Now At 25M Users, Wix Brings Third-Party Apps To Its Website Builder With New Marketplace". TechCrunch. 16 October 2012. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- McCarthy, Caroline (13 October 2008). "Site creator Wix announces funding, subscriptions". CNET. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- "Wix.com". LinkedIn. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- Vidra, Eze (28 March 2011). "Israeli startup Wix Raises $40 Million, Wants to Become a Large Company in Israel". VC Cafe. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- Investment of $10 Million Raised by Wix for Promotion of Flash Website Software, (PRWEB) April 2, 2010
- Israeli startup Wix Raises $40 Million, Wants to Become a Large Company in Israel, Eze Vidra, VCCafe; March 28, 2011
- Wix launches a brand new HTML5 site builder as Flash heads the way of the dodo, Harrrision Webber, The Next Web, 26 March 2012
- Israeli start-up Wix to make $75 million IPO in the U.S., Inbal Orpaz | Feb.20, 2013, Haaretz
- Wix.com launches apps market, Paul Krill, October 16, 2012, Computerworld
- Wix and Shopify Partner to Launch New Small Business Solution Yahoo! Finance, Nov 19, 2012