|Type||Public (NSE: WOCKPHARMA)|
|Key people||Habil Khorakiwala (Chairman)
Murtaza Khorakiwala (Managing Director)
Huzaifa Khorakiwala (Executive Director)
|Revenue||4614 crore (US$840 million)|
Wockhardt Ltd. is a pharmaceutical and biotechnology company headquartered in Mumbai, India. The company has manufacturing plants in India, UK, Ireland, France and US, and subsidiaries in US, UK, Ireland and France. It is a global company with more than half of its revenue coming from Europe. In 2011-2012 its UK and USA sales alone were US$475 million. It has market presence in emerging markets such as Russia, Brazil, Mexico, Vietnam, Philippines, Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda, Nepal, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Mauritius, Lebanon and Kuwait. The Company has a market capitalization of over 21100 crore (US$3.9 billion) and an annual turnover of 3600 crore (US$660 million). It produces formulations, biopharmaceuticals, nutrition products, vaccines and active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). The company employs over 7,900 people globally. Wockhardt Hospitals is a subsidiary of the Wockhardt Group.
Wockhardt was founded by Habil Khorakiwala in the early 1960s. His father Fakhruddin T. Khorakiwala had acquired Worli Chemical Works  in 1959. This was incorporated as Wockhardt Pvt. Ltd., in 1973. Wockhardt Ltd. was incorporated on July 8.1999. Wockhardt is often confused as a multinational because of its German sounding name.
Acquisitions and subsidiaries 
Wockhardt's acquisitions include Wallis Laboratory, UK (1998), Merind, India (1998), CP Pharmaceuticals, UK (2003), Espharma GmbH, Germany (2004), Dumex India (2006), Pinewood Laboratory, Ireland (2006) and Negma, France (2007). Wockhardt's debt following the acquisitions was close to Rs 3,800 crore, and Habil Khorakiwala quit as Managing Director. The board of directors, on March 31, 2009 approved the appointments of Habil Khorakiwala's sons Murtaza Khorakiwala and Hozaifa Khorakiwala as Managing Director and Executive Director respectively.
- "Wockhardt:Fact Sheet". Wockhardt. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
- Sanju Verma, Amit Shah (2007). "Wockhardt : "Wock"ing the talk...". HDFC securities. India Research.
- Wednesday, March 20, 2013. "Wockhardt set to join billion-dollar club". Business Standard. Retrieved 2013-03-20. Text " 11:45 AM IST " ignored (help)
- "Who we are | Fact Sheet". Wockhardt. Retrieved 2013-03-20.
- "Who we are | Overview". Wockhardt. Retrieved 2013-03-20.
- "Wockhardt Ltd - Price, Fundamentals, Charts, Financials". Business Standard. Retrieved 2013-03-20.
- "ABOUT US - Who We Are".
- "ABOUT US".
- "OUR OTHER WEBSITES".
- Priyanka Sangani (March 28, 2008). "Marginal business logic". The Economic Times.
- "Wockhardt Limited". Retrieved 2009-05-09.[dead link]
- T. Surendar, Charles Assisi (January 19, 2008). "'We need a Nano for medicines too'". The Times of India.
- "Introducing Wockhardt". Retrieved 2009-05-09.
- Shobhana Subramanian (April 3, 2009). "Newsmaker: Habil F Khorakiwala, Scientist in a hurry". Business Standard.
- "Murtaza Khorakiwala is new MD of Wockhardt, Hozaifa new Executive Director". DWS Pill Scribe. April 2, 2009.