From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up wold in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Wold may refer to :
- Wold (surname)
- Wold is an Old English term for a forest or an area of woodland on high ground; it is cognate with the Dutch word woud and with the German word Wald, aswell as low German Wohld all meaning forest. It became Weald in West Saxon and Kentish.
- The Wolds, a term used in England to describe a range of hills consisting of open country overlying limestone or chalk (see Wood, Wald)
- The former name of the village of Old, Northamptonshire, England
- The Wold, an area north of Rohan, in J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth legendarium
- W*O*L*D, a hit single by Harry Chapin
- WOLD-FM, an American radio station licensed to Marion, Virginia
- WITM, an American radio station licensed as "WOLD" from 1962 to 2006
- Wold decomposition
- Wold's theorem
- Cramér–Wold theorem
- The Wold Newton family, a fictional creation of Philip José Farmer
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.