Wolf Hudson at the 2009 Grabby Awards
November 24, 1984 |
New York City, U.S.
|Other names||Kane Rivers, Porn Dancer, The King of Kink|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||183 lb (83 kg)|
Pornography career (2006–2009)
Hudson started his pornography career in late 2006 at age 21 in New York when he was cast by Michael Lucas in the Lucas Entertainment project Michael Lucas' Auditions Vol. 22. He moved to San Francisco in early 2007 to focus on his career in the pornographic film industry full-time and working for gay pornographic film studio Factory Videos.
Hudson appeared in the Falcon Entertainment's relaunching of Jocks Studios (2007), after the studio's two-year hiatus, with Road Trip Vol.1 – Russian River to coincide with the 35th anniversary of Falcon.
In August 2008 he co-starred in the GayVN Award-winning bisexual film Shifting Gears, directed by Chi Chi LaRue. The film stirred up controversy when the term "Straight-for-pay" (a play on word for Gay-for-pay) was coined to reference performer Blake Riley's first encounter with a woman (Shy Love) and liking it. Riley received most of the criticism, but so did Hudson and LaRue. He worked with porn starlet Kimberly Kane for Kink.com's Men In Pain, Kane’s first-time topping a man on-camera. Hudson has been one of the most public faces of Kink.com's Bound Gods, performing and doing major events like the 2008 Folsom Street Fair, where he took part in live BDSM demonstrations with director Van Darkholme. Unzipped Magazine named Hudson "One of porn's hottest new performers" in its October 2008 issue and he received praise from Lucas himself, who was quoted as saying, "I think he has good looks and everything that it takes to be a porn star…Anyone who doesn’t invite him into their movie is missing out on a potential great scene".
Hudson appeared in the third season of the Canadian TV show Webdreams, which followed Jet Set Men directors Chris Steele and Chad Donovan. On October 14, 2008, he became the first male porn star to appear on Kerrang! Radio's The Night Before with UK host Nick Margerrison.
Hudson turned down an offer to appear on a January 22, 2009, episode of The Tyra Banks Show concerning Gay-for-pay performers. He expressed his reservations about appearing because of how the show could twist things around to make the guys look bad. In a January 20, 2009, interview with Unzipped Magazine, he stated that he will scale back on gay porn to pursue work in straight porn. One month later, however, Hudson surprised the industry by signing a one-year contract with Los Angeles-based internet studio CockyBoys.com as an exclusive model. His unusual exclusive contract applies solely to the gay side of the adult business but allows him the flexibility to shoot straight content as well, an industry first. This is a controversial move, as it is extremely difficult for a gay performer to cross over into the straight market, and Hudson plans on doing both at the same time. He is the second major porn star to go web only, with Jesse Santana being the first for CockyBoys as well.
Hudson and Chi Chi LaRue appeared in the first-ever internet telecast to announce the 2009 GayVN Award Nominations. In March 2009 he became the first fan-selected co-host of the Grabby Awards, alongside LaRue, Chicago drag queen Honey West and Blake Riley, Fans were allowed for the first time to choose their favorite porn star to co-host.
Hudson made his directorial debut in 2009, with online studio CockyBoys.com. He is known for his creative, experimental approach to gay porn, with plans to expand his horizons by directing for the company. The first scene he directed paired himself with Jesse Santana and gained rave reviews from critics. In July 2009 Hudson was one of the featured performers at Hustler Magazine's 35th Anniversary celebration in Santa Monica, California.
Following the death of pop icon Michael Jackson in late 2009, Hudson made a short film dance tribute to the hit song Billie Jean. Jackson was Hudson's greatest dance influence and he was devastated by the star's untimely death.
Pornography career (2010s)
Hudson is set to appear in the forthcoming Bruce LaBruce independent feature L.A. Zombie, starring François Sagat, due out in early 2010. He performed for the first time with FTM porn star Buck Angel. Angel mentions Hudson as one of his favorite male performers to work with.
Throughout 2010 Hudson ambitiously marketed himself in the straight market and he shot extensively for a number of studios such as Burning Angel, Wicked Pictures, Kick Ass Pictures, Sweet Sinner and many others. At Sweet Sinner he was a prominent male performer for popular director Nica Noelle, being featured in many of her romance films. However, his career took a major blow after the 2010 HIV outbreak. In December 2010 the HIV-positive performer was identified as Derrick Burts, who had worked in both straight and gay porn. For this reason, crossover performers who actively performed on both sides were deemed '"high risk'" and thus not desired in mainstream porn.
In 2012 Hudson was tapped by director Brad Armstrong to make a cameo appearance in Men In Black: A Hardcore Parody for Wicked Pictures, a satire of the 1997 hit film. He is set to play "Agent M", similar to the one given to Michael Jackson for Men in Black 2, but also an homage to the late singer.
On August 8, 2012, Hudson launched a new official website at WolfHudsonIsBad.com in Los Angeles.
Hudson identifies himself as heterosexual, even going as far as to call himself a "sexualist" instead of gay-for-pay. He is quoted as saying, "I am not conventional. I am not fully straight because I do gay porn, but I'm not bi because I don't date men in my personal life. I define myself as a 'sexualist'. I think Chi Chi LaRue came up with that term and it works for me."
Filmography and adult websites
Awards and nominations
|2009||XBIZ Awards||GLBT Performer of the Year||–||Nominated|
|GayVN Awards||Performer of the Year||–||Nominated|
|GayVN Awards||Best Supporting Actor||–||Nominated|
|GayVN Awards||Best Sex Scene – Duo||–||Nominated|
|Grabby Awards||Performer of the Year||–||Nominated|
|Grabby Awards||Best Pornstar Blog||–||Nominated|
|Grabby Awards||Best Versatile Performer||–||Nominated|
|Grabby Awards||Hottest Cock||–||Nominated|
|Grabby Awards||Hottest Rimming Scene (twice)||–||Nominated|
|2010||Cybersocket Web Awards||Best Personality||–||Won|
|Cybersocket Web Awards||Best Porn Star||–||Nominated|
|Grabby Awards||Best Pornstar Blog||–||Nominated|
|Grabby Awards||Hottest Rimming Scene||Jesse Santana||Nominated|
|GayVN Awards||Overall Fan Favorite||–||Nominated|
|2011||AVN Award||Best Orgy (An Open Invitation A Real Swingers Party in San Francisco)||–||Nominated|
|2012||Feminist Porn Award||Most Deliciously Diverse Cast (Fuckstyles of the Queer and Famous)||James Darling||Won|
|Tranny Award||Best Non-Transsexual Performer||–||Won|
|2013||XBIZ Award||Best Scene – Couples-Themed Release (Love, Marriage & Other Bad Ideas)||Natasha Nice||Nominated|
|AVN Award||Best Group Sex Scene (Joanna Angel: Filthy Whore)||Joanna Angel||Nominated|
|AVN Award||Best Transsexual Sex Scene (Pin-Up T-Girls 2)||Jonelle Brooks||Nominated|
|AVN Award||Best Transsexual Sex Scene (Transsexual Babysitters 17)||Celeste||Nominated|
|Feminist Porn Award||Hottest Website||–||Won|
|2014||AVN Award||Best Group Sex Scene (The Walking Dead: A Hardcore Parody)||Kleio Valentine, Arabelle Raphael, Larkin Love||Nominated|
|2015||XBIZ Awards||Best Supporting Actor (Voracious - Season 2')||-||Nominated|
- Playgirl (2007 issue)
- Unzipped Magazine (October 2008 Issue)
- GAYVN Magazine
- 2009 Latino Men Naked calendar
- Cybersocket Magazine (February 2009 Issue)
- JustUsBoys.com Magazine (May / June 2009 issue)
- Cybersocket Magazine (July 2009 issue)
- Bizarre (2010)
- i-D (2011)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (May 2014)|
- Falcon Relaunches Jocks Line. Retrieved on October 04, 2007.
- Cameron Marshall, Blake Riley Go Straight. Retrieved on August 15, 2008.
- Blake Riley: The Gay Porn Blog Interview. Retrieved on August 27, 2008.
- Kimberly Kane Debuts on MenInPain.com. Retrieved on September 4, 2008.
- Wolf Hudson, Gay Sex Superhero. Retrieved on October 12, 2008.
- Kink.com to Recruit at Folsom Street Fair. Retrieved on September 19, 2008.
- Hungry Like The Wolf. Retrieved on November 21, 2008.
- Jet Set Exclusive Aaron James on Tyra Banks Show. Retrieved on January 16, 2009.
- Five Questions with Wolf Hudson. Retrieved on January 20, 2009.
- Wolf Hudson to stay "gay" for another year. Retrieved on February 23, 2009.
- Wolf Hudson Joins CockyBoys Pack. Retrieved on February 23, 2009.
- Wolf Hudson to Co-host Grabby Awards. Retrieved on March 10, 2009.
- Wolf Hudson To Appear On 'BOTTOMS UP' Retrieved on March 9, 2009.
- Wolf Hudson Cozies Up To The Internet, Vaginas. Retrieved on February 26, 2009.
- Chi Chi LaRue and Wolf Hudson announce the 2009 Gayvn Awards Nominations. Retrieved on February 11, 2009.
- Wolf Hudson to Direct For CockyBoys.com. Retrieved on May 5, 2009.
- Wolf Hudson's Michael Jackson Dance Tribute. Retrieved on December 03, 2009.
- Wolf Hudson's Reaction to Death of Michael Jackson. Retrieved on June 25, 2009.
- Ed Powers Makes Comeback. Retrieved December 7, 2009.
- Diversity In Porn. Retrieved December 29, 2008.
- Hennessy-Fiske, Molly (December 8, 2010). "HIV-positive porn performer speaks out". Los Angeles Times.
- Brad Armstrong to Shoot 'Men in Black: A Hardcore Parody' for Wicked. Retrieved December 27, 2011.
- Wolf Hudson Launches Official Site Retrieved August 8, 2012.
- Wolf Hudson: the tea-bagger revealed. Retrieved on February 21, 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wolf Hudson.|