|This article's factual accuracy is disputed. (October 2013)|
||This article may be written from a fan's point of view, rather than a neutral point of view. (October 2013)|
Во́льф Ме́ссинг (Russian)
Wolf Messing (Polish)
וּוֹלףֿ מסינג (Hebrew)
|Born||Wolf Grigorevich Messing
1 September 1899
Góra Kalwaria, Russian Empire, Poland
|Died||8 November 1974
Moscow, USSR, Russia
|Occupation||Clairovoyant, Telepathist, Hypnotist|
Wolf Grigorevich Messing (Russian: Во́льф Григо́рьевич (Ге́ршикович) Ме́ссинг), (Polish: Wolf Grigoriewicz Messing), (Hebrew: וּוֹלףֿ מסינג), (1 September 1899 — 8 November 1974) was an alleged psychic and telepathist. He was a teacher for the officers of the NKVD (KGB).
Messing was born in the village of Góra Kalwaria, 25 km southeast of Warsaw, at a time when Poland was a territory of the Russian Empire. He claimed that his psychic abilities developed in his early life. By the time he was a teenager he was performing to the public. According to Messing, he was able to broadcast mental suggestions in order to alter people's perceptions. In the interview to the P. Oreshkin, Messing said:
... It's not mind-reading, it's, like the "reading of muscles" ... When human thinks hard about something, the brain cells transmit impulses to all muscles of the body. Their movements, invisible to the eye, I can easily feel. ... Often I'm performing mental tasks without direct contact with the inductor. The pointer to me here is the breathing frequency of inductor, the beating of his heart, voice timbre, his walking nature etc.
He died in hospital, on 8 November 1974. He had successful surgery on the femoral and iliac arteries, but for some unknown reason death occurred in a couple of days, after renal failure and pulmonary edema. He was buried at the "Vostryakovskoe" cemetery in Moscow.
Appearances in fiction
- Topsy Küppers: Wolf Messing – Hellseher und Magier. Langen/Müller, München 2002. ISBN 3-7844-2880-0 (German)
- Nagel, Alexandra: Een mysterieuze ontmoeting…: Sai Baba en mentalist Wolf Messing/A mysterious meeting...: Sai Baba and mentalist Wolf Messing, published in Tijdschrift voor Parapsychologie/Journal for parapsychology 368, vol. 72 nr 4, Dec. 2005, pp. 14–17 (Dutch)
- English language article by the same author with more or less the same contents Wolf Messing, an enigmatic ‘psychic entertainer’ whom Sathya Sai Baba claims to have encountered
- "Messing, Wolf Gregorievich [1899-1974]". The Element Encyclopedia of the Psychic World 1. Harper Collins. 2006. p. 448.
- Oreshkin P. «Reading the muscles», not the thoughts. // Technics of Youth. — Мoscow, 1961. — № 1. — p. 32.