Wolfgang Rautenberg (1936 − September 4, 2011) was a German mathematician and logician whose areas of research were model theory, non-classical logic, modal logic, temporal logic and self reference.
Rautenberg was born in Potsdam, Germany. He graduated with an abitur from the gymnasium in Ludwigslust. He studied mathematics and physics at the Humboldt University in East Berlin (GDR), and there in 1963 Rautenberg received a doctorate and worked as a logician. In 1968 Rautenberg graduated from the Humboldt University as an academic lecturer. From 1969 to 1973 Rautenberg was docent at the Humboldt University. Because the Stasi contacted him to force him into co-operation, Rautenberg left East Germany in 1973 and in 1974 became Professor in West Germany. In 1976 he accepted a call to chair the academic department for mathematical logic and foundations of mathematics of the Free University of Berlin.
- W. Rautenberg, ed. (1987), Omega-Bibliography of Mathematical Logic, Vol. I, Classical Logic, Heidelberg: Springer.
- W. Rautenberg, ed. (1987), Omega-Bibliography of Mathematical Logic, Vol. II, Non-Classical Logic, Heidelberg: Springer.
- W. Rautenberg (2010), A Concise Introduction to Mathematical Logic (3rd ed.), New York: Springer Science+Business Media, doi:10.1007/978-1-4419-1221-3, ISBN 978-1-4419-1220-6.
- Der Präsident der Freien Universität Berlin, ed. (1990), Forschung an der Freien Universität Berlin, Fachbereich Mathematik, Berlin: Freie Universität Berlin, Forschungsvermittlung, ISBN 3-927433-18-7.
- Kurt Gödel (2003), in Solomon Feferman, John W. Dawson, Jr., Charles Parson et al., Collected Works, Volume V, Correspondence H–Z, Oxford: Clarendon Press, ISBN 0-19-850075-0.
- Werner Schuder, ed. (1983), Kürschners Deutscher Gelehrten-Kalender 1983, Berlin, New York: Walter de Gruyter, ISBN 3-11-008558-5, ISSN 0341-8049.
- ^ Forschung an der FU Berlin, FB Mathematik (1990), pp. 57–58.
- ^ a b c d e W. Schuder (1983), p. 3298.
- ^ K. Gödel (2003), pp. 179–183.
External links