|Developer(s)||SCE London Studio|
|Release date(s)||NA 13 November 2012
AUS 15 November 2012
EU 16 November 2012
JP 7 November 2013
Wonderbook is an augmented reality peripheral for the PlayStation 3 console. The user holds a physical book-like object and stories come to life as the software displays content on the PlayStation 3's screen.
Wonderbook was announced during the Sony press conference at the 2012 Electronic Entertainment Expo. It is an augmented reality book which is designed to be used in conjunction with the PlayStation Move and PlayStation Eye. The Wonderbook features computer vision techniques developed jointly with the Computer Vision group at Oxford Brookes University. Marketed under the tagline "One book, a thousand stories", it was released together with the launch title Book of Spells in time for the 2012 holiday season.
List of compatible games
- Book of Spells
- Diggs Nightcrawler
- Walking with Dinosaurs
- Book of Potions
- Unannounced Disney game(s)
- "Wizard training for Muggles: Sony creates new Book of Spells game to keep Harry Potter fans happy". Daily Mail. 5 June 2012. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- Robinson, Andy (5 June 2012). "E3 2012: Sony announces intriguing Wonderbook for PS3 - Harry Potter author on board". Computer and Video Games. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- "Wonderbook; Book of Spells". PlayStation.com. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- Conditt, Jessica (4 June 2012). "Sony's 'Wonderbook' makes reading more like TV with PlayStation Eye, includes J. K. Rowling's magic". Joystiq. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- Goldfarb, Andrew (14 August 2012). "Disney, BBC Bringing Books to PS3's Wonderbook - IGN". IGN. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
|This PlayStation-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|