|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
- In the United Kingdom, Ronnie Hilton recorded a version that reached #27 on the UK Singles Chart.
- In 1963, The Tymes covered the song with peaked at #23 on the R&B charts and #7 on the Hot 100.
- The Supremes covered the song for their album I Hear A Symphony, released in 1966.
- R. Stevie Moore arranged, performed, and produced a cover of the song for his homemade album "Next" in 1974
- Indie rock band Sebadoh covered "Wonderful! Wonderful!" on their 1991 album Sebadoh III.
In popular culture
A cover version of the song was featured in an episode of the television series The X-Files titled "Home". Writers Glen Morgan and James Wong chose the song during the early stages, considering it "creepy" and yet "too wonderful".
The song's popularity was revived via a touching montage during the series finale of Desperate Housewives, which aired on May 13 (Mother's Day), 2012.
The song was used in the trailer for Bioshock Infinite's Burial at Sea downloadable content.
The song was used at the end of series 2 episode 8 of the television series "Call the Midwife".
- Gilliland, John (1969). "Show 23 - Smack Dab in the Middle on Route 66. [Part 2]" (audio). Pop Chronicles. Digital.library.unt.edu.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits: Eighth Edition. Record Research. p. 405.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 596.
|This 1950s pop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|