Wonderland Amusement Park (Beijing)
Wonderland was an abandoned amusement park construction project located in Chenzhuang Village, Nankou Town, Changping District, China, about 20 miles (32 kilometers) outside of Beijing. Originally proposed by the Thailand based property developer Reignwood Group, and designed to be the largest amusement park in Asia (to have covered 120 acres (49 ha)), construction stopped in 1998 following financial problems with local officials, while a 2008 attempt to start construction again also failed. The site, which featured a number of abandoned structures, including the frame work of a castle-like building and medieval-themed outer buildings, was being reclaimed by local farmers to grow their various crops while the site was abandoned. People have reported that sometimes when visiting the site, there would still be parking attendants in the site's parking lot, presumably to tend to onlookers and curious sightseers that came to visit.
The incomplete and abandoned structures were razed in May 2013, leaving no hope for the abandoned park to ever be finished. While there is no official indication of what will be done with the grounds of where the park once stood, An Feng, Reignwood Group's chief inspector for the company's investment supervision department, has stated a "comprehensive luxury product supermarket" would be built on the site, but that the project was still going through "planning permission formalities". 
- Alsop, Zoe (2011-12-22). "Pictures: China's Fake Disneyland, Overgrown and Ghostly". National Geographic Daily News. Retrieved 19 September 2012.
- Taylor, Alan (2011-12-13). "China's Abandoned Wonderland". The Atlantic. Retrieved 17 December 2011.
- Judkis, Maura (2011-12-13). "See China’s ‘Wonderland,’ an abandoned fake-Disneyland (PHOTOS)". Huffington Post. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
- Shedlock, Mike (2011-12-13). "This Abandoned Theme Park On The Edge Of Shanghai Is Only The First Sign Of A Major Crash". Business Insider. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
- Gray, David (2011-12-12). "Editor's Choice Slideshow". Reuters. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
- Liqiang, Hou (2013-05-13). "Beijing's Wonderland amusement park demolished". China Daily USA. Retrieved 18 November 2013.
- Slideshow, Reuters
- Ghost Wonderland, Urban Art Core
- Architizer, "'Wonderland,' An Abandoned Disneyland on the Outskirts of Beijing"
- Google Maps Photo
|This China-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|