|Products||InTouch, Historian, Intelligence, MES, System Platform, SmartGlance, IntelaTrac, ArchestrA|
Wonderware is a brand of industrial software sold by UK-based global technology company Invensys plc. Invensys plc was formed in 1999 by the merger of BTR plc and Siebe plc, and Wonderware was acquired by Siebe plc in 1998.
Wonderware software is used in diverse industries, including: Facilities Management, Food and Beverage, Mining and Metals, Power, Oil and Gas, and Water and Wastewater.
Wonderware was formed as a partnership in 1987 and incorporated in California in 1988 as Wonderware Software Development Corporation. The company reincorporated in Delaware in 1993. At the time, there were other software companies making programs to automate production processes, but Wonderware was the first to introduce a program designed to be used with the Microsoft Windows operating system. As a result, Wonderware became one of the fastest-growing software companies in the U.S. during the early 1990s.
In 2003, InTech, the magazine of the International Society of Automation, listed Wonderware founder Dennis Morin as one of the 50 most influential industry innovators, noting that he “bet the company" on Microsoft's Windows software and started a major transition from dedicated, hardware-based process control to Windows-based "open" technology.
Wonderware software solutions address production operations, production performance, manufacturing intelligence, business process management and collaboration. Key offerings include: Human Machine Interface (HMI); Historian; Wonderware System Platform; Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES); Batch Management; Mobile Solutions; Enterprise Manufacturing Intelligence (EMI); Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA); and Enterprise Application Integration.
Wonderware InTouch human machine interface (HMI) software was introduced in 1987. In 2011, industry research firm ARC Advisory Group identified Wonderware HMI software and services as having the #1 market share position globally.
- "Software". Invensys.com. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Harrison, Michael. "Siebe and BTR unveil plans for pounds 9.4bn merger". The Independent (London). 24 November 1998. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Company News; Siebe to Buy Wonderware for $375 Million". The New York Times. 25 February 1998. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Wonderware Homepage". Wonderware.com. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Wonderware Corp Form 10-K". Period Ending 31 December 1997. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- Huffstutter, P.J. "British Firm to Pay $375 Million for Wonderware". Los Angeles Times. 25 February 1998. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- Strothman, Jim. "Leaders of the Pack - From the plant to academia, InTech's 50 most influential industry innovators". InTech. International Society of Automation. 1 August 2003. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Invensys Operations Management Offerings Summary". Iom.invensys.com. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Wonderware InTouch Brochure". Wonderware.com. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Invensys Operations Management Leads Global HMI Software and Services Market". Press Release. Wonderware.com. 9 Nov 2011. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Contact Sales". Wonderware.com. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Wonderware System Integrator and OEM/VAR Partners Directory". Wonderware.com. Retrieved 5 March 2013.