||This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2006)
Wonogiri is a regency (kabupaten) in the southeastern part of Central Java province in Indonesia. Its capital is Wonogiri.
Administrative division 
Wonogiri Regency is divided into several sub-districts ( Kecamatan) as follows: Baturetno, Batuwarno, Bulukerto, Eromoko, Girimarto, Giritontro, Giriwoyo, Jatipurno, Jatiroto, Jatisrono, Karangtengah, Kismantoro, Manyaran, Ngadirojo, Nguntoronadi, Paranggupito, Pracimantoro, Puhpelem, Purwantoro, Selogiri, Sidoharjo, Slogohimo, Tirtomoyo, Wonogiri, Wuryantoro. Wonogiri regency which is known as a gaplek city, is one of regencies in central java. It is an agriculture and plantatation area, so most of people in wonogiri work as a farmer. Generally, all areas of the regency can produce many agriculture and plantation output. Casava, cacao, kacang mede are examples of the plantation output that relativelly good. Wonogiri has about 15 interest places to be visited, they are nampu beach, sembukan beach, girimanik waterfall, kahyangan waterfall, putri kencana cave, waduk gajah mungkur dam, etc. Wonogiri also has many special foods. They are nasi tiwul, emping, bakso, mie ayam, gudangan, etc. All of them are very deliciuos foods and can be purchased with cheap price.
Most of Wonogiri's area is rocky and hilly due to its location on the Sewu highlands. Since these highlands are of the karst type, many caves can easily be found in Wonogiri Regency and at least 41 caves have been discovered so far starting with the famous Song Gilap cave, Song Putri cave at Pracimantoro, Ngantap cave, Putri Kencana cave at Giritontro and including many unnamed caves all over the regency.
Wonogiri also has a dam called Gajahmungkur dam which has three main functions; as a power plant to produce electricity; to provide water for rice fields around Bengawan Solo river through irrigation programs; and for tourism.
Gajah Mungkur Reservoir Dam
Items of tourist interest include:http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wonogiri_Regency&action=submit
- Gajah Mungkur dam (Waduk Gajah Mungkur)
- Sembukan beach at Paranggupito district
- Nampu beach at Paranggupito district
- Kahyangan waterfall at Tirtomoyo district
- Kethu forest at Wonogiri district
- Putri Kencana cave at Pracimantoro district
- Girimanik waterfall at Slogohimo district
- Nggaguk Tirta Lestari swimming pool, cafe, restaurant at Jatisrono district
- Seper forest at Jatipurno
- Paragliding (Indonesian: Gantole) sport nearby Gajah Mungkur dam
- Off-Roading nearby Gajah Mungkur dam
- Plinteng Semar Miracle Stone at Wonogiri district
- Gunung Kembar Gandul a small mountain at Wonogiri district
- Gunung Pegat Small Mountain at Ngadirojo, Nguntoronadi district
- Gunung Kencur Small Mountain at Ngadirojo, Nguntoronadi district
Downtown of Wonogiri (Gandul Hill as Background)