Wood-Ridge (NJT station)
The Wood-Ridge station facing southbound along the single track to Hoboken.
|Address||Park Place East (under NJ 17 / Bergen County Route 36 interchange)
Wood-Ridge, New Jersey
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Station code||763 (Erie Railroad)|
|Owned by||New Jersey Transit|
|Passengers (2012)||302 (average weekday)|
Wood-Ridge Station (formerly known as Wood-Ridge-Moonachie) is a New Jersey Transit rail station on the Pascack Valley Line. The station is in Wood-Ridge, New Jersey and is located at Park Place East, near the intersection of Route 17. The station originates back to the 1860s as part of the Hackensack and New York Railroad. The station at Wood-Ridge was soon replaced by a larger building on the opposite side of the tracks until 1967, when a widening of Route 17 caused the need to demolish the station depot. Along with Wood-Ridge, Carlstadt, Hasbrouck Heights and Williams Avenue stations were all demolished.
This line runs to Hoboken Terminal with connections to New Jersey Transit one-stop service to New York Penn Station via the Secaucus Junction transfer station. Connections are available at the Hoboken Terminal to other New Jersey Transit rail lines, the PATH train at the Hoboken PATH station, New York Waterways ferry service to the World Financial Center and other destinations and Hudson–Bergen Light Rail service. The Pascack Valley line services this station seven days a week.
|1||■Pascack Valley Line||toward Spring Valley (Teterboro)|
|■Pascack Valley Line||toward Hoboken (Secaucus Junction)|
The station has one track and one low-level side platform.
- Jones, Wilson E. (1996). The Pascack Valley Line - A History of the New Jersey and New York Railroad. East Hanover, New Jersey: Railroadians of America. ISBN 0-941652-14-9.
- "List of Station Names and Numbers". Jersey City, New Jersey: Erie Railroad. May 1, 1916. Retrieved November 23, 2010.
- "Pascack Valley Line Timetables". Newark, New Jersey: New Jersey Transit Rail Operations. November 7, 2010. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- Yanosey, Robert J. (2006). Erie Railroad Facilities (In Color) 1. Scotch Plains, New Jersey: Morning Sun Books Inc. pp. 100–101. ISBN 1-58248-183-0.
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS". New Jersey Transit. Archived from the original on December 27, 2012. Retrieved January 4, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wood-Ridge (NJT station).|