Texas State Highway Spur 366
|Woodall Rodgers Freeway|
|Length:||2.4 mi[not in citation given] (3.9 km)|
|Existed:||1962 – present|
|West end:||Beckley Blvd / Singleton Ave in Dallas|
|I-35E / US 77 in Dallas|
|East end:||I-345 / US 75 in Dallas|
Spur 366, also named Woodall Rodgers Freeway, is a highway that connects Beckley Boulevard and Singleton Avenue in West Dallas to Interstate 35E and U.S. Highway 75 (North Central Expressway) in central Dallas, Texas. The highway, as part of the downtown freeway loop, also serves as a dividing line between downtown Dallas on the south and the Uptown and Victory Park neighborhoods on the north.
In 2012 the Santiago Calatrava designed Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge was opened, extending the Woodall Rodgers west of Interstate 35E across the Trinity River, into West Dallas. The Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge is first of three planned bridges of the Trinity River Project.
Spur 366 is often referred to by most locals as the Woodall Rodgers Freeway (or simply Woodall Rodgers). The only signage for Spur 366 is on the ramps to the highway at the interchanges with I-35E and US 75/I-45. As such, the highway is signed TO I-35E westbound and TO US 75/I-45 eastbound.
The highway begins at a traffic signal at Beckley Avenue. Westbound traffic can continue past the light onto Singleton Boulevard. After the light, Spur 366 crosses the Trinity River on the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge. From the bridge, traffic can exit to Riverfront Boulevard (formerly Industrial Boulevard). An incomplete interchange with I-35E (Stemmons Freeway) follows, before the freeway serves as the dividing line between Downtown and Uptown. There are many exits for the next mile, most of which contain multiple ramps to serves different streets. The freeway ends at an interchange with US 75/I-45 in northeast Downtown. The exit ramp to northbound US 75 also serves Hall Street.
Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge
The Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge is a steel bridge that carries Woodall Rodgers Freeway over the Trinity River. This is the first steel bridge across the river. The bridge opened in March 2012 and was designed by Santiago Calatrava.
Klyde Warren Park
Klyde Warren Park is a 5.2-acre park that connects Downtown Dallas with Uptown. The park is located above the freeway (which travels through a tunnel under the park, much like the Papago Freeway Tunnel) between Pearl and St. Paul streets to the west and east, and the frontage roads to the north and south.
Spur 366 was built along sections of Cochran and Munger Streets between I-35E and US 75/I-45. Once the freeway opened in 1964, it remained relatively unchanged until the construction of the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge and Klyde Warren Park in the early 2010s.
|0.0||0.0||Beckley Boulevard / Singleton Avenue west||Western terminus|
|Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge over the Trinity River|
|0.8||1.3||I-35E north / US 77 north / Continental Avenue – Denton||Exits 429A-B on I-35E / US 77|
|1.0||1.6||I-35E south / US 77 south / Commerce Street west – Waco||Westbound exit and eastbound entrance|
|1.3||2.1||Field Street / Griffin Street – West End Historic District||No westbound signage for Griffin Street|
|1.5||2.4||St. Paul Street|
|Tunnel underneath Klyde Warren Park|
|1.7||2.7||Pearl Street – Arts District|
|2.0||3.2||To I-45 south (via I-345 south) – Houston||Eastbound exit and westbound entrance|
|2.2||3.5||Hall Street / Lemmon Avenue||Eastbound exit and westbound entrance|
|2.4||3.9||US 75 north – McKinney||Eastern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division. "State Highway Spur No. 366". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2008-03-07.
- "Industrial Boulevard Switch to Cost Businesses Thousands". NBC 5-Dallas/Fort Worth. Retrieved December 5, 2013.
- "Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge Celebration-Tickets". Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge. Retrieved December 5, 2013.
- "Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge Celebration-News & Stories". Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge. Retrieved December 5, 2013.
- "About the Park-Klyde Warren Park". Klyde Warren Park. Retrieved December 5, 2013.
- Google, Inc. "Spur 366". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!data=!1m4!1m3!1d11757!2d-96.8074904!3d32.7909785!4m21!3m20!1m4!3m2!3d32.7787586!4d-96.8255936!6e2!1m4!3m2!3d32.7969674!4d-96.7928152!6e2!2e0!3m8!1m3!1d1470!2d-96.8249686!3d32.7796155!3m2!1i1366!2i673!4f13.1&fid=0. Retrieved September 23, 2013.
- DFWFreeways.info: Spur 366 Woodall Rodgers Freeway History
- Official site: Woodall Rodgers deck park project