Location of Woodbury, Kentucky
|• Total||0.14 sq mi (0.37 km2)|
|• Land||0.14 sq mi (0.37 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||413 ft (126 m)|
|• Density||637/sq mi (245.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Area code(s)||270 & 364|
|GNIS feature ID||0507088|
Woodbury was incorporated in 1856.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Woodbury has a total area of 0.14 square miles (0.37 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 87 people, 35 households, and 26 families residing in the city. The population density was 731.3 people per square mile (279.9/km²). There were 36 housing units at an average density of 302.6 per square mile (115.8/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 100.00% White. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.30% of the population.
There were 35 households out of which 34.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 68.6% were married couples living together, 5.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 25.7% were non-families. 25.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.49 and the average family size was 3.00.
In the city the population was spread out with 21.8% under the age of 18, 8.0% from 18 to 24, 37.9% from 25 to 44, 26.4% from 45 to 64, and 5.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41 years. For every 100 females there were 93.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 94.3 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $38,750, and the median income for a family was $45,000. Males had a median income of $38,333 versus $17,500 for females. The per capita income for the city was $15,564. There were 7.1% of families and 11.1% of the population living below the poverty line, including 16.0% of under eighteens and 50.0% of those over 64.
- Claude C. Bloch, admiral who commanded the local Naval District at Pearl Harbor at the time of the Japanese attack during World War II
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Woodbury city, Kentucky". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved November 27, 2013.
- Collins, Lewis (1877). History of Kentucky. p. 107.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.