Woodforest National Bank
|Headquarters||The Woodlands, Texas, USA|
|Key people||Robert E. Marling
(Chief Executive Officer)
|Net income||78.5 million (2012)|
|Total assets||$3.7 billion (2012)|
|Total equity||$349.5 million (2012)|
|Parent||Woodforest Financial Group|
Woodforest National Bank is a privately held bank headquartered in The Woodlands, Texas. As of March, 2013, it has over 788 branches in 17 different states. Woodforest National bank is Walmart's largest retail partner. Woodforest has a few branches that are open 24 hours a day and 364 days of the year. Woodforest National Bank also partners with Sam's Club and Kroger in a few states.
In addition to regular accounts, Woodforest National Bank offers "second chance" checking accounts for customers who have not remained in good standing with ChexSystems, albeit with higher fees and a much longer probation period than PNC Bank as of March 2012. In addition to a second chance checking account for consumers, Woodforest National Bank also offers a second chance business account. In the summer of 2013, Woodforest National bank launched a merchant services device that attaches to cellular phones called Cell It.
|Number of banking offices by State|
A five acre facility located in the Woodlands Trade Center was created partly in thanks to a $1 million donation from Woodforest National Bank. As of April 2013 it is being renamed "Woodforest Food Bank Center for Montgomery County Food Bank". The food center is campaigning to raise $6.5 million to purchase and renovate a 60,000 square feet (5,600 m2) facility. Contributions where also made by Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, Kroger, Wal-Mart, and H-E-B.The Woodforest National Bank is sponsoring its annual 5K Tomball Dash Saturday, benefiting the Woodforest Charitable Foundation. 
Woodforest National Bank and the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency reached a $32 million settlement regarding the bank's continuous overdraft fees, and a 2014 class action settlement put an end to debit card transaction processing in the same order as check processing, potentially resulting in additional overdraft fees.
- "FDIC: Woodforest National Bank". BankFind. FDIC. Retrieved 2013-04-19.
- "IR, Western Union and Woodforest National Bank Sign Multi-Year Agreement". Andrew Silver. March 18, 2013. Retrieved March 18, 2013.
- Ambrose, Eileen (March 5, 2012). "When you can't get a checking account, where do you go?". Baltimore Sun. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- "CellIt Website". Retrieved 2014-03-19.
- Author (April 19, 2013). "Montgomery County Food Bank Launches $6.5 Million Capital Campaign". The Paper Magazine. Retrieved April 19, 2013.
- Tamra Santana (November 8, 2013). "Woodforest National Bank sponsers Tomball Dash". Impact News. Retrieved November 8, 2013.
- Stauffer, Kimberly (2008-08-17). "CISD is ready to open its new stadium". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2013-05-04.
- Lee, Renée C. (2007-02-07). "Conroe school district sells stadium name for $1 million". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2013-05-04.
- "OCC, Woodforest National Bank Enter Agreement to Reimburse Consumers". Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. October 8, 2010. Archived from the original on 2013-O5-01. Retrieved April 23, 2012.
- Nancy Flake (October 13, 2010). "Woodforest to reimburse customers $32 million". The Courier of Montgomery County. Archived from the original on 2013-05-01. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- "Lunsford v Woodforest, Case No. 1:12-cv-00103-CAP: Notice". Retrieved March 19, 2014.