Woodie H. Dixon, Jr. is the General Counsel and Senior Vice President of Business Affairs for the Pac-12 Conference. He was formerly the salary cap manager and General Counsel for the Kansas City Chiefs. He had been with the team since August 2004; previously, he worked in the National Football League offices and for the law firms Sidley, Austin, Brown & Wood LLP (in Chicago) and Dorsey & Whitney (in Minneapolis, Minnesota). Dixon is a native of Minneapolis. He graduated from Amherst College in 1995 and went on to earn his J.D. from Harvard Law School in 1999 and his Masters of Sport Management from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst in 2003. Dixon has also been an adjunct professor at the Washburn University School of Law in Topeka, Kansas, teaching sports law. Dixon is married to Nicole Miller and they have one son, Carver, and one daughter, Marina.
Dixon was named one of the Sports Business Journal's Forty under 40 award recipients in 2013.
- "Pac-10 Appoints NFL Executive To General Counsel, VP Business Affairs". Pac-10 Conference. 2010-03-09. Archived from the original on 2010-04-11. Retrieved 2010-04-11.
- "Kansas City Chiefs: Woodie Dixon". KCChiefs.com. Archived from the original on 2010-04-11. Retrieved 2010-04-11.
- "Salary Cap Director and General Counsel of Kansas City Chiefs to speak at Law School". Wake Forest University School of Law. 2008-03-17. Archived from the original on 2010-04-11. Retrieved 2010-04-11.
- "Adjunct Faculty". Washburn University School of Law. Archived from the original on 2010-04-11. Retrieved February 27, 2010.
- Pearson, Heidi (2007). "Attorneys at Love". Mpls. St. Paul Magazine. Archived from the original on 2010-04-20. Retrieved 2010-04-21.
|This biographical article relating to an American football player, coach, or other figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|