Woodlands MRT Station
| NS9 TS2
Woodlands MRT Station
Stesen MRT Woodlands
Woodlands MRT station showing destination and train arriving in minutes.
|Address||30 Woodlands Avenue 2
|Structure type||Elevated (North South Line)
Underground (Thomson Line)
|Tracks||2 (North South Line)
3 (Thomson Line)
|Opened||10 February 1996 (North South Line)
2019 (Thomson Line)
|Station code||NS9 TS2|
|Operator||SMRT Trains (SMRT Corporation)|
Woodlands MRT Station (NS9/TS2) is an above-ground Mass Rapid Transit train station on the North South Line in Singapore. It is integrated with the Woodlands Regional Bus Interchange located beneath the station. The station is located in Woodlands. Opening in 2019, Woodlands will be an interchange station with a new line, Thomson Line.
The government came up with a proposal to build the North South Line Woodlands Extension in 1990 with the aim of extending the existing North-South Line, thus connecting Choa Chu Kang in the northwest to Yishun in the North. Woodlands was one of four stations in the initial proposal which was later expanded to six. Construction commenced in 1991 and the station was opened on 10 February 1996.
Following numerous incidents of commuters falling on the tracks and unauthorized intrusions, the Land Transport Authority made the decision in 2008 to install half-height platform screen doors for all above-ground stations in phases. Installation began from 17 September 2011 and began operation from 30 November 2011.
On 4 November 2013, it is the first MRT station to be awarded with the Building and Construction Authority’s Green Mark (Gold) and tenants of Woodlands Xchange have become the first shop owners in Singapore to be certified with the Project: Eco-Shop label.
A 15 m high sculpture called Faces II weighing 4,000 kg, designed by Singaporean artist Min Chen, was on display at the station.
High volume, low speed (HVLS) fans
Station installed with Rite Hite Revolution High Volume, Low Speed (HVLS) fans and commenced operations on 6 November 2012.
|L2||Platform A||North South Line
towards NS1 EW24 Jurong East (→)
|Platform B||North South Line
towards NS27 CE2 Marina Bay (←)
|L1||Concourse Level||Faregates, Ticketing Machines, Station Control, Causeway Point, Woodlands Xchange|
|B1||Basement||Woodlands Regional Bus Interchange|
|Destination||First Train||Last Train|
|Mon – Fri||Sat||Sunday &
|North South Line|
|to NS1 Jurong East||5.38am||5.37am||6.01am||12.36am|
|to NS27 Marina Bay||5.27am||5.27am||5.44am||11.15pm|
|to NS19 Toa Payoh||–||–||–||11.50pm|
|to NS16 Ang Mo Kio||–||–||–||12.39am|
|to NS7 Kranji||–||–||–||12.52am|
- Woodlands is one of the four MRT stations featured on the Singapore Edition of the Monopoly board.
- "Speech by Mr Lui Tuck Yew, Minister for Transport, at the Inspection of Downtown Line 1 Station and Announcement of Thomson Line alignment, 29 August 2012, 10.00am at Telok Ayer Station". Ministry of Transport. 29 August 2012. Retrieved August 29, 2012.
- Thulaja, Naidu Ratnala (November 10, 2003). "Woodlands MRT line". National Library Board Singapore. Retrieved February 03, 2012.
- Wong, Siew Ying (January 26, 2008). "Above-ground MRT stations to have platform screen doors by 2012". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved February 03, 2012.
- "SMRT unveils Singapore’s first Eco- MRT Station and Xchange". SMRT Corporation. 4 November 2013. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- Thulaja, Naidu Ratnala (November 13, 2003). "Woodlands MRT station". National Library Board Singapore. Retrieved February 03, 2012.