Woodlawn Cemetery (Washington, D.C.)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
View from the front gate
|Location||4611 Benning Rd., SE
Washington, District of Columbia
|Area||22.7 acres (9.2 ha)|
|NRHP Reference #||96001499|
|Added to NRHP||December 20, 1996|
Woodlawn Cemetery is a historic cemetery in Washington, D.C.. It occupies approximately 22.5 acres in Southeast, Washington, D.C.
It was founded in 1895, and was closed in 1970.
- Blanche K. Bruce
- Roscoe Conkling Bruce
- Mary P. Burrill
- Will Marion Cook
- John W. Cromwell
- W. Bruce Evans
- John R. Francis
- John Mercer Langston
- Jesse Lawson
- Mary Meriwether
- Daniel Alexander Payne Murray
- Major Frederick Revels
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- DeNeen L. Brown (March 6, 2011). "A D.C. cemetery's dead come to life again on stage". The Washington Post.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Woodlawn Cemetery (Washington, D.C.).|
- Woodlawn Cemetery (Washington, D.C.) Official Page
- "Woodlawn-Cemetery" wikimapia
|This article about a property in the District of Columbia on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|