Woodrow Wilson High School (Portland, Oregon)
|Woodrow Wilson High School|
Diligence, Excellence, Integrity
|1151 SW Vermont
Portland, Oregon, Multnomah County, 97219
|School district||Portland Public Schools|
|Number of students||1439|
|Color(s)||Forest green and white |
|Athletics conference||OSAA Portland Interscholastic League 5A-1|
|Team name||Wilson Trojans|
|Yearbook||The Troyan|
Woodrow Wilson High School, known as Wilson High School, is a public high school in Portland, Oregon, United States. In 2006, the school was one of seven in Oregon ranked among America's 1,200 best high schools by Newsweek. In 2008, Wilson was voted 37th out of all the public high schools in all the state of Oregon.
The student population is 76% white, 8% Latino, 6% Asian/Pacific Islander, and 5% African American. About 85% of students live within the school boundaries, the highest percentage in the district. In 2009, 10% of Wilson's students transferred into the school.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (May 2013)|
- 2013 - Choir State Champions
- 2012 - Cheerleading State Champions
- 2012 - Baseball State Champions
- 2010 - Cheerleading State Champions
- 2009 - Speech and Debate State Champions
- 2009 - Cheerleading State Champions
- 2007 - Cheerleading State Champions
- 2006 - Baseball State Champions
- 2006, 1989, 1988, 1987 - Chess State Champions
- 1989 - National High School Chess Champions
- 1985, 1989, 1991 - Boys Basketball State Champions
- 1983 - Boys Cross Country State Champion
- 1977 - Girls Basketball State Champions
- Kenji Bunch, violist, composer
- Boaz Frankel, television personality
- Alicia Lagano, actress
- Dale Murphy, baseball player
- Damon Stoudamire, basketball player
- Wayne Twitchell, professional baseball player
- Member School A-Z Listing (293 Total Schools)
- "Oregon School Directory 2008-09". Oregon Department of Education. p. 139. Retrieved 2009-05-28.
- Melton, Kimberly (2010-01-21). "What will be the fate of my high school?". The Oregonian. Retrieved 2010-02-09.
- "Seven Oregon schools make Newsweek list". The Oregonian (Portland, Oregon: Oregonian Publishing). 2006-05-09. pp. B5.
- Top 10 Best Oregon State Elementary Schools - OR School Rankings
- "Previous Portland-area school fires". The Oregonian. 2009-11-10. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- Melton, Kimberly (2010-02-04). "How many transfer, and where do they go?". The Oregonian. Retrieved 2010-02-12.
- "State releases high school graduation rates". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Oregon dropout rates for 2008". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- Rob Owen, Special to The Oregonian. "Ex-Portlander Alicia Lagano shows her grit in 'Client List'". OregonLive.com. Retrieved 2012-04-17.
- Dale Murphy Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com
- Damon Stoudamire NBA & ABA Stats | Basketball-Reference.com
- Wayne Twitchell Statistics and History - Baseball-Reference.com