Woodsburgh, New York
|Woodsburgh, New York|
|— Village —|
|• Total||0.4 sq mi (1.0 km2)|
|• Land||0.4 sq mi (0.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||7 ft (2 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0971715|
The Village of Woodsburgh is within the Town of Hempstead.
Woodsburgh is included in the Five Towns (though not as one of the "five"), which is usually said to comprise the villages of Lawrence and Cedarhurst, the hamlets of Woodmere and Inwood, and "The Hewletts", which consist of the villages of Hewlett Bay Park, Hewlett Harbor and Hewlett Neck and the hamlet of Hewlett, along with Woodsburgh.
Woodsburgh is located at (40.622117, -73.707259).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.4 square miles (1.0 km2), of which 0.4 square miles (1.0 km2) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (7.69%) is water.
At the 2000 census, there were 831 people, 257 households and 224 families residing in the village. The population density was 2,286.7 per square mile (891.3/km²). There were 268 housing units at an average density of 737.5 per square mile (287.4/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 98.44% White, 0.36% African American, 0.72% Asian, 0.36% from other races, and 0.12% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.17% of the population.
There were 257 households of which 45.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 83.7% were married couples living together, 2.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 12.8% were non-families. 12.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.23 and the average family size was 3.50.
33.1% of the population were under the age of 18, 5.9% from 18 to 24, 20.1% from 25 to 44, 28.3% from 45 to 64, and 12.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41 years. For every 100 females there were 99.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 91.1 males.
The median household income was $185,296 and the median family income was $189,227. Males had a median income of $100,000 compared with $60,833 for females. The per capita income for the village was $76,443. None of the families and 0.4% of the population were living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and none of those over 64.
- Mayor: Susan Schlaff
- Deputy mayor: Edmond Mukamal
- Trustees: Carl Cayne, Edmond Mukamal, Barry Sporer, Lee A. Israel
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Barron, James. "IF YOU'RE THINKING OF LIVING IN: FIVE TOWNS", The New York Times, July 10, 1983. Accessed May 20, 2008. "The basic five are Lawrence, Cedarhurst, Woodmere, Hewlett and Inwood. But the area also includes some unincorporated communities and two tiny villages, Hewlett Bay Park and Woodsburgh, that are not added to the final total."
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.