Woodstown-Pilesgrove Regional School District
|Woodstown-Pilesgrove Regional School District|
|Business Administrator:||Harold O'Neill, Jr|
|Address:||135 East Avenue
Woodstown, NJ 08098
|Enrollment:||1,721 (as of 2008-09)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||137.4|
|District Factor Group:||FG|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||1,293||9||1,674||-22.8%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||51,757||14||57,597|
|Data from NJDoE 2009 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of K-12 districts with 0-1800 students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=45
The Woodstown-Pilesgrove Regional School District is a comprehensive regional public school district serving students in Kindergarten through twelfth grade form five communities in Salem County, New Jersey, United States. The district serves over 1,700 students from Woodstown and Pilesgrove Township for K-12, along with students from neighboring Alloway Township, Oldmans Township and Upper Pittsgrove Township who attend the district's high school as part of sending/receiving relationships. A majority of public school students in grades 9-12 from Oldmans Township attend Penns Grove High School as part of a sending/receiving relationship with the Penns Grove-Carneys Point Regional School District, with the balance attending Woodstown High School.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "FG", the fourth highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
- Elementary School
- Mary S. Shoemaker Elementary School serves children from pre-kindergarten through grade five - 506 students
- Diane Cioffi - Principal
- Middle School
- High School
- Woodstown High School serves students in grades nine through twelve - 802 students
- Thomas Coleman, Superintendent
- Frank Rizzo, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for the Woodstown-Pilesgrove Regi School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed March 21, 2011.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- Woodstown-Pilesgrove Regional School District 2010 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed March 21, 2011. "Our Board is comprised of eleven members representing the constituencies of the aforementioned sending districts and the Woodstown-Pilesgrove Regional School District. The sending districts send their students to Woodstown High School, and those students comprise approximately one half of the high school population. School Board representatives from Alloway (1) and Upper Pittsgrove (1) join five representatives from Pilesgrove and four representatives from Woodstown to make up the eleven member Board of Education."
- Bumpus, Robert L. "Salem County Report on Consolidation and Regionalization", Office of the Executive County Superintendent of Salem County, March 15, 2010, available at the website of the Asbury Park Press. Accessed July 5, 2011. "A contiguous elementary district, Oldmans Township, sends its students primarily to Penns Grove High School and a smaller number of students to Woodstown High School."
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 27, 2009.
- Data for the Woodstown-Pilesgrove Regional School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed March 21, 2011.
- Administrative Staff, Mary S. Shoemaker Elementary School. Accessed March 21, 2011.
- Administrative Directory, Woodstown Middle School. Accessed March 21, 2011.
- Administrative Directory, Woodstown High School. Accessed March 21, 2011.
- District-Wide Administration, Woodstown-Pilesgrove Regional School District. Accessed March 21, 2011.
- Salem County School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 5, 2009.
- Woodstown-Pilesgrove Regional School District
- Woodstown-Pilesgrove Regional School District's 2010–11 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Woodstown-Pilesgrove Regional School District, National Center for Education Statistics