From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Woomera may refer to:
- Woomera (spear-thrower), an Indigenous Australian spear-throwing tool
- Woomera Prohibited Area (WPA) is a vast tract of land covering approximately 124,000sqm of 'outback' arid lands in north-west South Australia and used by the Australian Government as a weapons testing range. The range is described by the RAAF as "the largest land-based weapons testing range in the western world"
- RAAF Woomera Range Complex (WRC), is a highly specialised Australian Defence Test & Evaluation capability under the control of the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF), and which consists of two main elements; the RAAF Woomera Test Range (WTR), and the Australian Air Force base facility RAAF Base Woomera (WMA)
- RAAF Base Woomera, consists of two main precincts 'Airbase' (aka 'Woomera Aerodrome') and 'Support Base' (aka 'Woomera Village') - the Airbase Precinct provides the main aviation facilities for the RAAF Woomera Range Complex, while the 'village' provides the essential garrison and other operational support services for operation of the Range.
- Woomera, South Australia, is more commonly known as "Woomera Village" and although often described as a South Australian 'Outback town' it is actually part of the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) base at Woomera. The 'village' element of the base is, however, 'open' for public access, principally for tourism access to the famous 'missile park' display and the two museums which tell the story of Woomera's historic rocket launch era
- Woomera Launch Area 5 is an operational site ('LA5') on the Woomera Test Range
- Woomera Immigration Reception and Processing Centre, is a former workers camp at Woomera, South Australia, which was utilised between January 2000 and April 2002 by the Australian Federal Government as an immigration detention centre. After the facility closed it was resumed by the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and renamed 'Camp Rapier Woomera' (CRW). The facility is within the boundary of RAAF Base Woomera (and hence within the 'Woomera Prohibited Area' or 'WPA') and now forms an active operational precinct of the RAAF Woomera Test Range (WTR) within the wider RAAF Woomera Range Complex (WRC)
- Woomera protocol, is a voip tool allowing support of multiple voip protocols
- CAC Woomera, a prototype bomber aircraft designed by Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation during World War II
- 11195 Woomera, a main-belt asteroid discovered in 1999
- Woomera (crater), a crater on Mars
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.