"WRTA" redirects here. For the radio station, see WRTA (AM)
Worcester Regional Transit Authority (WRTA) is a public, non-profit organization charged with providing public transportation to the city of Worcester, Massachusetts and the surrounding towns. The WRTA was created in September 1974 under Chapter 161B of the Massachusetts General Laws. This act also created several other regional transit authorities in Massachusetts, including the Greater Attleboro-Taunton Regional Transit Authority and the Pioneer Valley Transit Authority among others.
The WRTA currently provides fixed-route bus service to Auburn, Boylston, Brookfield, East Brookfield, Holden, Leicester, Millbury, Oxford, Shrewsbury, Spencer, Webster, West Boylston and Worcester. The WRTA also provides paratransit service to a total of 37 communities in Central Massachusetts.
The WRTA will be receiving 39 Million Dollars of federal grant money to build a new greener and more energy efficient maintenance facility for its busses. The money will also be used to convert the city's existing bus fleet to electric. A location for the new facility has yet to be identified.
Detailed schedules are available on the WRTA website.
- 1: Mount Saint Ann via Providence Street
- 2: Tatnuck Square via Pleasant Street
- 3: Worcester State University via Highland Street
- 4: The Shoppes at Blackstone Valley via Millbury Street
- 5: Southwest Commons / Wheelock Ave. via Grafton St.
- 6: West Tatnuck via Chandler St.
- 7: Washington Heights Apartments & Lakeside Apartments
- 8: Greendale Mall via Shore Drive
- 11: Fair Plaza via Vernon Hill & Greenwood Street
- 14: Showcase Cinemas Park & Ride/Holden via Burncoat St.
- 15: Shrewsbury Center via Shrewsbury St. & Route 9
- 16: Lincoln Plaza via Hamilton St. & Lake Ave.
- 19: Worcester Airport / Leicester WalMart via Main St.
- 22: Millbury Center via Massasoit Rd. & Rt. 122A
- 23: Mountain Village via Lincoln St.
- 24/34: UMass Medical Center via Belmont St.
- 25: Auburn Industrial Park via Canterbury & Southbridge St.
- 26: Great Brook Valley via Lincoln St.
- 27: Auburn Mall via Main St.
- 29: Union Station or Auburn Mall to Southbridge & Charlton
- 30: West Boylston via Grove St. & West Boylston St.
- 31: Lincoln Plaza via Grove St. & West Boylston St.
- 33: Leicester - Spencer - Brookfield via Main St. & Rt. 9
- 42: Auburn - Oxford - Webster via Southbridge St. & Rt. 12
 External links