|Area||0.72 sq mi (2 km2)|
|- land||0.71 sq mi (2 km2)|
|- water||0.01 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||571.1 / km2 (1,479 / sq mi)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Worden was originally called New Hampton, and under the latter name was laid out in 1860. When the railroad was built through the settlement in 1870, the name Worden was given to the station, after John C. Worden, an English immigrant, businessman, and railroad promoter.
Worden is located at (38.932241, -89.840216).
According to the 2010 census, the village has a total area of 0.72 square miles (1.9 km2), of which 0.71 square miles (1.8 km2) (or 98.61%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 1.39%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 905 people, 378 households, and 261 families residing in the village. The population density was 1,370.3 people per square mile (529.4/km²). There were 396 housing units at an average density of 599.6 per square mile (231.7/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 99.34% White, 0.44% Native American, 0.11% from other races, and 0.11% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.22% of the population.
There were 378 households out of which 32.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 55.6% were married couples living together, 11.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.7% were non-families. 27.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 13.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.39 and the average family size was 2.90.
In the village the population was spread out with 24.3% under the age of 18, 7.7% from 18 to 24, 30.6% from 25 to 44, 23.4% from 45 to 64, and 13.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 90.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 88.2 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $36,100, and the median income for a family was $40,909. Males had a median income of $35,294 versus $20,156 for females. The per capita income for the village was $18,485. About 13.1% of families and 12.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 19.4% of those under age 18 and 3.9% of those age 65 or over.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Worden village, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 24, 2012.
- Norton, William T. (1912). Centennial History of Madison County, Illinois, and Its People, 1812 to 1912. The Lewis Publishing Co. p. 591.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "2010 Census U.S. Gazetteer Files for Places – Illinois". United States Census. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.