Work & Stress
|Work & Stress|
|Abbreviated title (ISO 4)||Work Stress|
|Discipline||Occupational health psychology, organizational psychology|
|Edited by||Tom Cox|
|Publisher||Taylor & Francis in association with the European Academy of Occupational Health Psychology|
|Open access||Hybrid open access journal|
Work & Stress is a quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal covering the application of psychology and related disciplines to occupational safety and health. It is published by Taylor & Francis in association with the European Academy of Occupational Health Psychology.
The journal was originally established in 1987, by organizational psychologist Tom Cox who has also remained editor-in-chief. The contents of the first volumes was mainly on work-related stress, however "by the late 1990s, although retaining its original title, the journal's coverage "had widened its focus to cover the interactions among work, health, and organizations.".
Scope and readership
Work & Stress is concerned with the "application of psychology and related disciplines to occupational health and to health and safety." The journal "is directed at occupational health psychologists, work and organizational psychologists, those involved with organizational development, and all those concerned with the interplay of work, health, and organizations."
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Journal of Occupational Health Psychology
- Society for Occupational Health Psychology
- Industrial and organizational psychology
- Occupational health psychology
- "Aims & scope". tandfonline.com. Retrieved 15 October 2013.
- "Professor Thomas Cox CBE | The Old Grey Fox's Work Blog ___ incorporating The OHP Review". Proftcox.com. Retrieved 2013-10-16.
- Cox, T.; Taris, T.; Tisserand, M. (May 2009). "Across the Pond: The Journal Work and Stress". SOHP Newsletter 6: 17–18. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "Work & Stress". 2012 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2013.