Work & Stress
|Work & Stress|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Discipline||Occupational health psychology, workplace health and safety|
|Edited by||Toon Taris|
Taylor & Francis in association with the European Academy of Occupational Health Psychology
Work & Stress is a quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal covering occupational health psychology and workplace health and safety. It is published by Taylor & Francis in association with the European Academy of Occupational Health Psychology.
History and scope
The journal was established in 1987 by founding editor-in-chief Tom Cox (Birkbeck, University of London). The first volumes were principally concerned with work and stress, "the central focus of occupational health psychology". The journal's scope expanded over time to cover more occupational health psychology-related topics. In 2000 the journal became affiliated with the European Academy of Occupational Health Psychology. The journal's scope currently includes occupational health psychology and workplace health and safety. Toon Taris (Utrecht University) succeeded Tom Cox as editor in 2014.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Journal of Occupational Health Psychology
- Occupational medicine
- Occupational stress
- Society for Occupational Health Psychology
- Cox , T., Taris, T., & Tisserand, M. (2009). Across the pond: The journal Work and Stress. Newsletter of the Society for Occupational Health Psychology, 6, 17–18. 
- Cox, T., & Tisserand, M. (2006). Work & Stress comes of age: Twenty years of occupational health psychology. Work & Stress, 20(1), 1-5. doi:10.1080/02678370600739795
- "Aims & scope". Taylor & Francis. Retrieved 15 October 2013.