Working for Peanuts
|Working for Peanuts|
|Donald Duck series|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Jack Hannah|
|Produced by||Walt Disney|
|Story by||Nick George,
|Voices by||Clarence Nash,
|Music by||Oliver Wallace|
|Animation by||Volus Jones,
Dan MacManus (effects)
|Layouts by||Yale Gracey|
|Backgrounds by||Eyvind Earle|
|Studio||Walt Disney Productions|
|Distributed by||RKO Radio Pictures|
|Running time||6 minutes (one reel)|
|Preceded by||Rugged Bear (1953)|
|Followed by||Canvas Back Duck (1953)|
Working for Peanuts is a 1953 animated short produced by Walt Disney. It is notable for being one of their first shorts filmed in 3D (the first being Adventures in Music: Melody, which was released several months before). The tagline of the film is "Walt Disney's Donald Duck & Chip 'N Dale in their first laugh riot in 3-Dimension."
Working for Peanuts was also showcased a number of times at the Disney theme parks and was used as a teaser 3D cartoon at Walt Disney Worlds Magic Kingdom, which showcased a 3D movie, Magic Journeys, that was sponsored by Kodak.
While collecting acorns, Chip 'n' Dale discover a peanut that had been thrown from the nearby zoo. At the zoo, guests feed, and Donald Duck takes care of, Dolores the elephant. Chip 'n' Dale try to steal peanuts from the elephant, but their theft is discovered.
- 1953 – theatrical release
- 1956 – As part of "3D Jamboree" (Disneyland)
- 1960 – Walt Disney Presents, episode #6.23: "This Is Your Life, Donald Duck" (TV)
- 1981 – "Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck Cartoon Collections Volume Three" (VHS)
- c. 1983 – Good Morning, Mickey!, episode #8 (TV)
- 1987 – "Cartoon Classics: Starring Chip 'n Dale" (VHS)
- 1987 – Preshow for "Magic Journeys" at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom (theme park)
- c. 1992 – Donald's Quack Attack, episode #44 (TV)
- 1998 – The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.42: "Goin' to the Zoo" (TV)
- 2005 – "Classic Cartoon Favorites: Starring Chip 'n Dale" (DVD)
- 2006 – As part of the World 3D Film Expo II
- 2007 – Reissued with 3D version of Meet the Robinsons (theatrical)
- 2008 – "The Chronological Donald, Volume Four" (DVD)
Also, in 2010, Walt Disney Home Entertainment partnered with Mitsubishi Electric to bring the Disney Digital 3D Showcase Disc to homes across the country. The disc is a full HD 1080P Blu-ray 3D disc and requires a 3D-capable HDTV, 3D-capable Blu-ray player and active shutter glasses to enjoy. The disc is 22 minutes long and includes the short film "Working For Peanuts" in Full HD 3D, along with previews and clips in 3D from Toy Story 3, Alice in Wonderland, A Christmas Carol and Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas. The disc is not available for general retail as of August 2010 and is only available as a part of Mitsubishi's 3D Starter Kit which retails for $399.99.
- "Working For Peanuts (1953) World 3-D Film Expo II presented by SabuCat Productions". Retrieved 2007-04-09.