Workmans Wood, Sheepscombe
Workmans Wood (grid reference SO900109) is a wood just to the east of the village of Sheepscombe, in the Cotswolds, Gloucestershire. It is a biological Site of Special Scientific Interest being part of the Cotswold Commons And Beechwoods SSSI. The Wood is part of a designated National Nature Reserve (NNR).
A small colony of this plant grows in the centre of the wood. Netting is used to protect the plants from disturbance.
- Natural England SSSI information which covers the Cotswold Commons and Beechwoods being citation, map and unit details
- Natural England information on the woods and commons which make up the NNR
- Species distribution map for Cephalanthera rubra, NBN Gateway, retrieved 25 February 2010
- Fisher, John (1991) A colour guide to rare wild flowers ISBN 0-09-470780-4 Constable books, London
- Kitchen, Clare, Mark A. R. Kitchen and Ian Carle (2008) Stephen Bishop's New Flora of Gloucestershire Part 2: the distribution maps The Gloucestershire Naturalist No. 14 Gloucestershire Naturalists ' Society, page 232
|This Gloucestershire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|