Works of fiction set in 1989
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The following are references to year 1989 in fiction:
- World in Conflict (computer game) – The Soviet Union invades Europe and the United States.
- Red Dawn is set around this year.
- Brazilian miniseries Queridos Amigos (Dear Friends) is set in this year.
- Goodbye Lenin's beginning is set on October 1989.
- The 1990 remake of Night of the Living Dead is set during this year.
- The events depicted in Michael Crichton's science fiction novel Jurassic Park are set in August 1989.
- The events of the arcade version of Final Fight occurs in 1989 according to the original Japanese version. The English localization changes the setting to an unspecified year in the 1990s.
- Diary novels Berts första betraktelser, Berts vidare betraktelser  and Berts ytterligare betraktelser  (based on 1989 radio show) all use the 1989 Gregorian Calendar, and the first even refers to the year as 1989 on 19 January. Set when Bert is 13, it even refers to 1976 as Bert's and Åke's year of birth (which would cause them turn 13 in 1989).
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II In mission Suffer With Me