List of works of fiction set in 2013
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Works of fiction set in 2013)
|<<-- 2003||<- 2012||List of works of fiction by year||2014 ->||2023 -->>|
This is a list of works of fiction set largely or wholly in 2013.
- X-Men: The X-Men try to overthrow the dystopian rule of the robot Sentinels in the Days of Future Past storyline (1980).
- In the comic book Legion of Super-Heroes (Number 6, July 2005, DC Comics), Cosmic Boy avers that the Bar Code on the cover of comic books is "destined to become outlawed in the Design Aesthetic Wars of 2013."
Computer and video games
- Grand Theft Auto 2 (1999)
- Shattered Union (2005): The District of Columbia is destroyed this year by a low-yield nuclear weapon.
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (2006)
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations (2007): Flashbacks to 2013 occur.
- Manhunt 2 (2007): Present-day missions are possibly set in this year while flashbacks are set in 2007.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (2010): The events of Call of the Dead occur in March 2013.
- Metro 2033 (2010): A nuclear war occurs in 2013.
- Resident Evil 6 (2012): The next virus outbreaks in China and America occur in June.
- Grand Theft Auto 5 (2013): The events of Grand Theft Auto 5 happen in the summer of 2013.
- Despicable Me 2 (1983): Set three years after Despicable Me.
- Escape from L.A. (1996)
- The Postman (1997)
- A Scanner Darkly (2006)
- The Book of Eli (2010): A nuclear apocalypse takes place in the year 2013, while the rest of the film is set thirty years later.
- The Amazing Spider-Man (2012): According to the Daily Bugle viral marketing Tumblr site for the film's sequel, the main events of the first film took place in July 2013.
- In the BBC mockumentary Time Trumpet, British retail chain Tesco launches an invasion of Denmark on January 21 of this year.
- The last few minutes of the Season 4 finale and Season 5 of Desperate Housewives is set in this year.
- BBC Drama Spooks: Code 9 is set in this year.
- The Simpsons episode "Future-Drama" is set in this year since it aired in 2005 as the Simpsons siblings, Bart and Lisa, are shown where they will be eight years into the future.
- Smallville's season 9 finale, Salvation, depicted a vision of this year.
- The final episodes of the television show Death Note takes place during January.
- Ben 10: Ultimate Alien.
- Ben 10: Omniverse.
- "Rocko's Modern Life" The episode "Future Schlock" takes place 17 years in the future since it aired in 1996. Filbert's children ask Filbert what a banana is.
- Doctor Who episode "The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe" closing scene is set in this year since Amy explains that it's been two years since she last saw The Doctor. The "present day" setting of the second half of the seventh series is also set in this year.