Worku Bikila (born 6 May 1968) is a retired Ethiopian long-distance runner, who specialized mainly in the 5000 metres. His 10,000 metres time of 27:06.44 minutes in 1995 was the second fastest time that year, only behind Haile Gebrselassie.
Since retiring, Bikila put his energies into forming two companies that have brought much needed revenue to his local community in Dukam, Ethiopia:
- Worku Bikila Water Well Drilling Limited: performing water well monitoring, exploration, observation, and abandonment services.
- Worku Bikila Hotel: Thriving hotel for international travellers.
|1992||African Championships||Belle Vue Mauricia, Mauritius||2nd||5000 m|
|1993||World Championships||Stuttgart, Germany||4th||5000 m|
|African Championships||Durban, South Africa||3rd||5000 m|
|1995||World Championships||Gothenburg, Sweden||6th||5000 m|
|1997||World Championships||Athens, Greece||12th||5000 m|
- 3000 metres - 7:42.44 min (1997)
- 5000 metres - 12:57.23 min (1995)
- 10,000 metres - 27:06.44 min (1995)
- Half marathon - 1:02:15 hrs (2002
- Marathon - 2:11:48 hrs (2001)
|Men's Zevenheuvelenloop Winner (15km)
1997 – 1998
|This biographical article relating to Ethiopian athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|