List of the largest software companies
Several lists exist that provide an overview of large software companies, often called independent software vendors ("ISVs"), in the world. The lists differ by methodology of composition and consequently show substantial differences in both listed companies and ranking of those companies.
Forbes Global 2000
The Forbes Global 2000 is an annual ranking of the top 2000 public companies in the world by Forbes magazine, based on a mix of four metrics: sales, profit, assets and market value. The top 8 companies in the 2013 list for the "Software & Programming" industry are:
- List of the largest information technology companies
- List of largest Internet companies
- Semiconductor sales leaders by year
- List of largest companies by revenue
References and footnotes
- "The World's Biggest Public Companies". Retrieved 22 January 2013. Select Software & Programming under "Filter by industry".