The International Skating Union has organised the World All-Round Speed Skating Championships for Women since 1936. Unofficial championships were held in the years 1933–1935.
- In the years 1933–1935, three distances were skated: 500 m, 1000 m and 1500 m.
- In the years 1936–1955, four distances were skated: 500 m, 1000 m, 3000 m and 5000 m (the old combination).
- In the years 1956–1982, four distances were skated: 500 m, 1000 m, 1500 m and 3000 m (the mini combination).
- Since 1983, four distances are skated: 500 m, 1500 m, 3000 m and 5000 m (the small combination).
Ranking systems used
- Since 1933, the samalog system has been in use.
Source: Schaatsstatistieken.nl 
All-time medal count
- Only official tournaments are taken into account