The World Games sports comprise all the sports contested in the World Games.
Disciplines from the same sport are grouped under the same color:
Sports at the 2013 World Games
The official sports of 2013 World Games are of these six categories.
- Artistic & Dance Sports
- Ball Sports
- Martial Arts
- Precision Sports
- Strength Sports
- Trend Sports
- Invitational Sports
Past TWG sports and disciplines
The following sports were part of past editions of the World Games, but have since been adopted by the Olympics as official events.
- Badminton – became an Olympic sport at the 1992 Summer Olympics
- Baseball – became an Olympic sport at the 1992 Summer Olympics (until 2008)
- Taekwondo – became an Olympic sport at the 2000 Summer Olympics
- Trampoline – certain individual events were introduced at the 2000 Summer Olympics
- Triathlon – became an Olympic sport at the 2000 Summer Olympics
- Weightlifting (women) - became an Olympic sport at the 2000 Summer Olympics. (Men never competed in weightlifting in The World Games because it has been in all Summer Olympics since 1920.)