World Policy Institute
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (May 2014)|
|World Policy Institute|
|Executive Director||Michele Wucker|
|Location||New York, New York|
|Address||108 West 39th Street, Suite 1000
New York, NY 10018
A center for global thought leadership, the World Policy Institute focuses on the crucial but neglected challenges and opportunities of an increasingly connected world. The Institute stresses a global perspective; innovative, transformative thinking; and diversity of ideas. World Policy Journal, fellows, events, and projects provide accessible, participatory channels for supporters, policy leaders and experts, and citizens to identify, debate, and develop constructive policy solutions.
Headquartered in New York, the World Policy Institute was founded in 1961 as a vehicle for international dialogue and understanding by a group of internationally minded business leaders, including former Secretary of the U.S. Treasury, C. Douglas Dillon. Today, its work seeks to educate and inform an interconnected global audience and influence the public policy discourse by offering innovative yet practical solutions to the problems that defy more conventional approaches.
A center for thought leadership founded on the principle that many major challenges require a global approach, the World Policy Institute focuses on the crucial but neglected challenges and opportunities of an increasingly connected world. The Institute stresses a global perspective; innovative, transformative thinking; and diversity of ideas.
World Policy Journal, fellows, events, and policy projects provide accessible, participatory channels for supporters, policy leaders and experts, and citizens to identify, debate, and develop constructive policy solutions.
The World Policy Institute convenes concerned citizens, issue experts, the business community, and policy makers for debate and discussion on key issues requiring collaboration across borders.
World Policy Journal, its Fellows, projects, and events provide accessible, participatory channels for members, supporters and policy leaders to identify, develop, and advocate constructive solutions.
Founded in New York City in 1961 as the Fund for Education Concerning World Peace through World Law, the World Policy Institute has its origins in the post-World War II movement of moderate internationalists. Its founders-- the banker Harry B. Hollins and the banker and public servant C. Douglas Dillon, inspired by Grenville Clark-- sought to develop international policies to prevent future carnage and devastation. In 1963, the Institute’s name was shortened to World Law Fund. In 1972, it merged with the Institute for International Order, founded in 1948 and run by Earl D. Osborn. The combined organization became the Institute for World Order. In 1982, the World Policy Institute adopted its current name to reflect a shift from a primarily educational focus to incorporating a strong policy element, and founded World Policy Journal. From 1991-2007, the Institute was part of The New School, a New York City University. In 2007, under the leadership of Executive Director Michele Wucker and Chairman John Watts, the World Policy Institute was re-incorporated as a free-standing institution, which collaborates with diverse organizations around the world. The Institute's has a full timeline of its organizational history on its website.
Board of Directors 2014
- Joseph Cari, Castellini Partners (Chairman)
- John Watts, Sequel Energy Solutions (Chairman Emeritus)
- Mary Van Evera, Founding Chair
- Rosemary Werrett, Observatory Group (Vice Chair)
- Mojgan Skelton, Genesis Capital Group LLC (Chair, Advisory Council)
- Stanley Nabi, Silvercrest Asset Management Group (Treasurer)
- Peter Alderman, Goldentree Asset Management (Secretary)
- Robert C. Alexander, IndiePix
- John W. Allen, Spring Investment Corporation
- Alan Blinken
- Rajiv Chaudhri, Digital Century Capital
- Jonathan Fanton, Roosevelt House Public Policy Institute, Hunter College
- Diane Finnerty, Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
- Diana Glassman, TD Bank
- Claude Grunitzky, TRUE
- Peter Marber, Loomis Sayles & Co.
- Colin Morris, First Eagle Investment Management
- Oliver Niedermaier, Tau Investment Management
- Jack Rivkin, Idealab
- George Sampas, Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- John Stomber, StormHarbor Partners LP
- "The World Policy Institute | World Policy Institute". worldpolicy.org. 2011. Retrieved 17 June 2011.