|This article relies on references to primary sources. (July 2010)|
|Country of origin||Singapore|
|Publication types||Books, academic journals|
World Scientific Publishing is an academic publisher of scientific, technical, and medical books and journals headquartered in Singapore. The company was founded in 1981. It publishes about 500 books annually as well as more than 150 journals in various fields. In 1995, World Scientific co-founded the London-based Imperial College Press together with the Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine. World Scientific has been publishing online since 1996, including e-journals, e-proceedings, e-books, and operates an online bookshop.
The company head office is in Singapore, where over 200 employees work. The company has offices in Sydney, London, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, Chennai, India, Taipei, California, and Hackensack (New Jersey).
- Global Publishing: specializing in the publication of works in Chinese or Chinese and English
- Meeting Matters International: a provider of conference management, secretariat, and meeting support services
- Stallion Press: providing distribution and pre-press services for clients in Europe, the United States, and Singapore
- World Scientific Printers: providing design and printing services including print-on-demand
- LAB Creations: a design and printing consultancy
- Aces: an editorial services company, catering to editing and project management services
Imperial College Press
In 1995 the company co-founded Imperial College Press, specializing in engineering, medicine and information technology, with the Imperial College of London. In 2006, World Scientific assumed full ownership of Imperial College Press.
- Atlantis Press
- Cengage Learning Asia
- DL Publishing
- Global Publishing
- LianHe ZaoBao
- Mathematical Society Of Japan
- Stallion Press
- Chemical Industry Press
- Hindustan Book Agency
The Nobel Foundation in Sweden has granted World Scientific the rights to publish the complete set of Nobel Lectures in all subjects (from 1901 onwards). The publisher of these was originally Elsevier, which halted publication of these lectures in 1970.
- World Scientific Corporate Profile
- "Company Prospectus".
- "Contact Us." World Scientific. Retrieved on 10 November 2012. "World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. 5 Toh Tuck Link, Singapore 596224"
- "Corporate Profile." World Scientific. Retrieved on 10 November 2012.
- "Nobel Lectures". nobelprize.org. Nobel Media AB. Retrieved 25 September 2013.