World Senior Teams Championship
The World Senior Teams Championship is one of the competitions held as part of the World Bridge Championships. This event was initiated in 1994 and is held every four years. It is not necessary that all team members be from the same country. Prior to 2005 all members of each team had to be at least 55 years of age. The World Bridge Federation (WBF) has decided that, as from 2005, the minimum age for a player to be recognized as Senior will be increasing one year per year, until it reaches 60 years in 2010. The decision ensures that 55-year-olds who participated in a senior event in 2003 will never become ex-Seniors.
|Year, Site, Entries||Medalists|
Franz Baratta (AUT), Bob Kaiser (NED), Kees Kaiser (NED), Moshe Katz (ISR), Nissan Rand (ISR), Karl Rohan (AUT)
Russell Arnold, Billy Eisenberg, Fred Hamilton, Zeke Jabbour, Mike Levine, Tom Sanders (USA)
Howard Hertzberg (USA), Duncan Phillips (CAN), Robert Ryder (USA), Bill Solomon (CAN)
Franz Baratta (AUT), Christo Drumev (BUL), Moshe Katz (ISR), Nissan Rand (ISR), Karl Rohan (AUT)
Aleksander Jezioro, Julian Klukowski, Stefan Szenberg, Andrzej Wilkosz (Poland)
Czesław Czyżkowski, Wacław Janicki, Andrzej Milde, Józef Pochroń, Kazimierz Puczyński, Włodzimierz Stobiecki (Poland)
Boris Baran (CAN), Joe Godefrin (USA), Diana Holt (USA), George Mittelman (CAN), Ed Schulte (USA)
Nels Erickson, Lew Finkel, Gene Freed, Joe Kivel, Chris Larsen, Bernie Miller (USA)
Jan Willem Bomhof, Roald Ramer, Elly Schippers, Henk Schippers (Netherlands)
Aleksander Jezioro (POL), Julian Klukowski (POL), Victor Markowicz (USA), Victor Melman (USA), Jerzy Zaremba (POL), Shalom Zeligman (ISR)
Lew Finkel, Gaylor Kasle, John Mohan, John Sutherlin (USA)
|3.|| Netherlands 1
Willem Boegem, Nico Doremans, Onno Janssens, Nico Klaver, Roald Ramer, Jaap Trouwborst (Netherlands)
Paul Hackett (ENG), Gunnar Hallberg (ENG), Garey Hayden (USA), John Holland (ENG), Reese Milner (USA)
|2.|| Team Markowicz
Julian Klukowski (POL), Victor Markowicz (POL), Victor Melman (USA), Roald Ramer (NED), Jerzy Russyan (POL), Shalom Zeligman (ISR)
|3.|| Gabrial UI
Michael Bambang Hartono, Henky Lasut, Eddy Manoppo, Denny Sacul, Munawar Sawiruddin (Indonesia)
- "Senior Bridge". WBF official website.
- Results & Participants (Rand Cup), 9th World Championships, 1994. WBF.
- Results & Participants (Rand Cup), 10th World Championships, 1998. WBF.
- 1998 World Bridge Championships contemporary coverage, 1998. WBF.
- Results & Participants (Rand Cup), 11th World Championships, 2002. WBF.
- World Bridge Championships contemporary coverage, 2002. WBF.
- Results & Participants, 12th World Championships. WBF.
- 12th World Bridge Championships contemporary coverage, 2006. WBF.
- Results & Participants (Rand Cup), 13th World Series Championships, 2010. World Bridge Federation.
- 13th World Bridge Series contemporary coverage, 2010. WBF.
- Senior Bridge program overview at the World Bridge Federation
- World Senior KO Teams To Date (table) at the World Bridge Federation