World of Warplanes
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011)|
|World of Warplanes|
World of Warplanes Logo
|Release date(s)||CIS 20131112November 12, 2013
NA 20131113November 13, 2013
EU 20131113November 13, 2013
|Genre(s)||Action, Arcade, MMO|
The idea to develop a flight combat MMO action game was first conceived during the early stages of World of Tanks’ development.
World of Warplanes is being developed at Persha Studia—the Kiev-based developmental center of Wargaming.
The game quickly went from concept to a playable prototype in only two months—early alpha-testing began August 2011.
Wargaming first showed a closed demonstration of the Alpha version to journalists at the Igromir Expo in October 2011.
American aircraft were the first national line to be added to World of Warplanes’ tech tree roster.
World of Warplanes Global Alpha started recruiting an army of test pilots on February 23rd, 2012.
World of Warplanes was selected as Europe’s ‘Most Wanted Online Game’ at the European Games Awards in 2012.
On April 4th, 2013, NDA was removed from World of Warplanes, allowing beta testers to share their thoughts, screenshots, and in-game videos with the world. At that point, the game offered virtual pilots six battle arenas and over 80 aircraft models from USSR, USA, Germany, and Japan.
The game was released on November 12, 2013 in CIS countries and on November 13, 2013 in North America and in Europe.
World of Warplanes features over 100 vehicles from Germany, the Soviet Union, USA, Japan, and Great Britain; allowing players to choose from three main warplane classes—fighters, heavy fighters, and ground-attack planes.
Each national tech tree introduces squadrons of planes ranging from Tier I entry-level machines all the way up to Tier X advanced jet-powered aircraft. All warplanes can be unlocked and upgraded through a continued gameplay progression.
Tech trees will expand as the game evolves. New nations and additional aircraft for each nation’s tech tree will be gradually introduced post-launch.
The game features 15 vs. 15 PvP combat sessions with two scenarios—Training Mode and Standard Battles.
Training Mode is aimed at rookies, helping them master basic aircraft control skills and practice shooting static and moving targets over a series of lessons.
In Standard Battles, players destroy all hostile aircraft or gain superiority in the skies.
World of Warplanes introduces several control schemes for players to choose from:
- mouse (four presets)
The economic system in World of Warplanes is similar to World of Tanks, but finely tuned to fit specific needs and characteristics of flight combat.
The game features three primary types of in-game currency: credits, experience, and gold (tokens are a temporary in-game currency used instead of gold during Open Beta testing stage).
Unified Premium Account
All Wargaming.net games are now unified using a "Unified Account System". Players who have World of Tanks or World of Warplanes account can share certain in game currencies, including Premium Time and Gold (in-game real money value currency).  Unified accounts share the same log in information: Email, and password.  that can be used in World of Tanks and World of Warplanes. A premium account provides 50% extra experience and credits for each battle creating a quicker way to boost crew training and upgrade through the tech tree. 
- Europe’s Most Wanted Online Game at EGA 2012.
- Best Game from HardGame2 at E3 2012.
- Best Graphics from MMORPGItalia at PAX East 2012.
- Best MMO Action from Goharu at E3 2012.
- Best MMO from 9lives.be at E3 2012.
- Best Free-to-play from Jeuxvideo24 at Gamescom 2013.
- Rich McCormick. E3 2011: Wargaming.net announces World of Warplanes. Pcgamer.com June 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- IGN Staff. World of Tanks Invades Europe and North America. Ign.com April 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- Will Freeman. Learning to fly: The story behind World of Warplanes. Develop-online.net November 2013. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- World of Warplanes Full Game. Loadedpcgames.com Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- World of Warplanes: Gamescom 2011 Debut Trailer. Videogamer.com August 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- Jef Reahard. World of Warplanes debuting at Gamescom. Massively.joystiq.com July 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- Команда разработчиков World of Warplanes примет участие в Игромире 2011. Worldwarplane.ru сентябрь 2013. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- Russel. World of Warplanes unveils USA aircraft. Gamingnexus.com December 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- John Papadopoulos. World of Warplanes – Global Alpha Test Starts Tomorrow. Dsogaming.com February 2012. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- Jef Reahard. World of Warplanes closed beta starts today. Massively.joystiq.com May 2012. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- World of Warplanes Soars into Open Beta. Worldofwarplanes.com July 2013. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- BigWorld-Powered World of Warplanes is Most Anticipated European Game. Blog.bigworldtech.com August 2012. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- World of Warplanes NDA Removed. Worldofwarplanes.com April 2013. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- Samit Sarkar. World of Warplanes open beta now available. Polygon.com July 2013. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- Craig Pearson. Chocks Away: World Of Warplanes Beta Opens. Rockpapershotgun.com July 2013. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- Flight Combat MMO World of Warplanes Takes Flight into Release. MMOsite.com November 2013. Retrieved 2013-11-14.
- World of Warplanes F.A.Q.Worldofwarplanes.com. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- Wargaming.net Portal" . Wargaming.net September 2013. Retrieved 2013-11-18.
- Alice Lynton. Wargaming opens Unified Premium Account scheme. Games.on.net September 2013. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- Wargaming.net, Portal. "Unified Premium Article". Wargaming.net. Retrieved 11.18.2013.
- 19. Wargaming wins two European Games Awards!.Worldofwarplanes.eu August 2012. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- Mejor Juego Free-to-Play en PC – World of Warplanes (Wargaming.net). Hardgame2.com June 2012. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- Massimo Nolvadex Villa. PAX East 2012 Awards: I Vincitori. Mmorpgitalia.it April 2012. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- JonahFalcon. Wargaming.net racks up E3 awards for World of Warplanes. Strategyinformer.com June 2012. Retrieved 2013-11-06.
- Ganon. Meilleur Free 2 Play de la gamescom 2013. Jeuxvideo.com September 2013. Retrieved 2013-11-06.