Worsley and Eccles South (UK Parliament constituency)
|Worsley and Eccles South|
|for the House of Commons|
Boundary of Worsley and Eccles South in Greater Manchester for the 2010 general election.
Location of Greater Manchester within England.
|Electorate||73,409 (December 2010)|
|Member of Parliament||Barbara Keeley (Labour)|
|Number of members||One|
|European Parliament constituency||North West England|
Worsley and Eccles South is a county constituency represented in the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. It elects one Member of Parliament (MP) by the first past the post system of election. It is favourable mostly to the Labour Party, though it does contain two of the Conservatives' strongest wards in the City of Salford (Worsley, Boothstown and Ellenbrook).
Following its 2006 review of parliamentary representation in Greater Manchester, the Boundary Commission for England recommended the creation of a modified Worsley constituency, incorporating a part of Eccles, to be called Worsley and Eccles South.
The electoral wards included in the Worsley and Eccles South constituency are:
- Boothstown and Ellenbrook
- Little Hulton
- Walkden North
- Walkden South
Members of Parliament
Elections in the 2010s
|General Election 2015: Worsley and Eccles South|
|Liberal Democrat||Kate Clarkson|
|General Election 2010: Worsley and Eccles South|
|Liberal Democrat||Richard Gadsden||6,883||16.5||+3.6|
|English Democrats||Paul Whitelegg||1,334||3.2||+3.2|
Notes and references
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Final Recommendations for Parliamentary Constituency Boundaries in Greater Manchester" (HTTP). Boundary Commission for England (North West). Government News Network. 2006-07-19. Retrieved 2007-04-05.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "W" (part 5)[self-published source][better source needed]
- "2015 candidates". North West Lib Dems. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- "Worsley & Eccles South". BBC News Online. Retrieved 2010-05-07.