Wot's... Uh the Deal?
|"Wot's... Uh the Deal?"|
|Song by Pink Floyd from the album Obscured by Clouds|
|Published||World Copyrights Ltd|
|Released||3 June 1972 (UK)
15 June 1972 (US)
|Recorded||February, March 1972
Château d'Hérouville, Pontoise, France
|Genre||Progressive rock, folk rock|
|Obscured by Clouds track listing|
"Wot's... Uh the Deal?" is a song from Pink Floyd's 1972 album, Obscured by Clouds. The song features multi-tracked vocals by David Gilmour, and lyrics by Roger Waters. The lyrics describe taking advantage of certain opportunities life gives and how they affect a person later on. The title, similar to When You're In, is a phrase from Pink Floyd crew member Chris Adamson. David Gilmour, along with Richard Wright, performed it at several shows on his 2006 On an Island tour and it appears on the 2007 live DVD, Remember That Night.
- David Gilmour – acoustic guitars, lap steel guitar and vocals
- Richard Wright – piano and Hammond organ
- Roger Waters – bass
- Nick Mason – percussion
David Gilmour 2006 live personnel
- David Gilmour – acoustic guitar, lap steel guitar, lead vocals
- Richard Wright – piano
- Jon Carin – organ, backing vocals
- Phil Manzanera – acoustic guitar, backing vocals
- Guy Pratt – bass, backing vocals
- Steve DiStanislao – drums
- Strong, Martin C. (2004). The Great Rock Discography (7th ed.). Edinburgh: Canongate Books. p. 1177. ISBN 1-84195-551-5.
- Mabbett, Andy (1995). The Complete Guide to the Music of Pink Floyd. London: Omnibus Press. ISBN 0-7119-4301-X.
- Manning, Toby (2006). "The Albums". The Rough Guide to Pink Floyd (1st ed.). London: Rough Guides. p. 164. ISBN 1-84353-575-0.
|This 1970s rock song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|