|Origin||Baltimore, Maryland United States|
|Genres||Thrash metal, heavy metal|
|Associated acts||Souls at Zero
|Past members||Brad Divens
Wrathchild America was an American thrash metal band formed in Baltimore, Maryland in 1978. They released two studio albums through Atlantic Records, and gained charting success through the Billboard 200. In 1993, they changed their name to Souls at Zero.
Wrathchild was formed in 1979, then known as Atlantis, Tyrant and eventually Wrathchild. The band was formed by high school friends, Shannon Larkin, Kevin Keller and Terry Carter. Ralph "Rat" Tillman and Max "Tuck" McDonald soon joined. Wrathchild America were a renowned live act in the mid to late 1980s in the Maryland area when they were known simply as Wrathchild. After years of touring, playing gigs, and hard work, the band finally was signed to a major label in 1988. However, a British glam metal band with the same name, Wrathchild, sued and forced the delay of the debut release. The band amended their name by adding America, and the band charted Climbing the Walls in the Billboard Top 200. Their subsequent release was widely ignored since the thrash genre was still not widely accepted as it is today. The band changed their name to Souls at Zero and revamped their stylistic approach.
Jay Abbene: According to a posting on Tartarean Desire, former TOXIK drummer Tad Leger has launched a brand new project called Lucertola (Italian for "lizard"). The group's musical style is said to be a blend of Leger's biggest influences: doom, old Voivod and Italian horror soundtracks (Goblin, Fabio Frizzi). Tad started out recording both guitar and drums himself, but was joined by his old Blackened Sky bandmate Andy Abbene and his brother Jay Abbene (Wrathchild America, Souls at Zero) in early December 2005.
- Brad Divens – bass guitar, lead vocals (1983–1993)
- Jay Abbene – guitars, backing vocals(1984–1993)
- Terry Carter – guitars, backing vocals (1978–1993)
- Shannon Larkin – drums, backing vocals (1978–1993)
- Chris Brinkman – guitars, backing vocals
- Kevin Keller –guitar, bass guitar, backing vocals (1978-1987)
- Tracy "Mace" Payton – guitars, backing vocals )1978-1980)
- Max Hykes – guitars, backing vocals (1981-1983)
- Tuck McDonald – lead vocals (1979-1983)
- John Turner – guitars, backing vocals (1983-1984)
- Mike Combs -lead vocal
- Danger-Us (1983)
- Days of Thunder (1987)
- Demo '89 (1989)
- "Wrathchild America > Charts & Awards > Billboard Albums". Allmusic. Retrieved June 22, 2010.
- "Wrathchild America Music News & Info". Billboard. Retrieved June 22, 2010.