Wreckless Eric (album)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014)|
|Studio album by Wreckless Eric|
|Released||June 1, 1978|
|Producer||Barry Farmer, Larry Wallis, Ian Dury and Nick Lowe|
|Wreckless Eric chronology|
A 10" version of the LP was issued on both brown and purple vinyl in the UK. These versions omitted the tracks "Whole Wide World" and "Telephoning Home." The full-length version of the LP was also issued on green vinyl in Germany.
It was reissued on CD for a limited time in 1994 by Disky Communications and included three bonus tracks: the "Whole Wide World" single B-side "Semaphore Signals" and two versions of Devo's "Be Stiff," a song that many artists on the Stiff Records label had covered as a promotional vehicle.
According to Eric's website, most versions of this LP feature speeded-up versions of the tracks in which the songs are a semitone higher than recorded.  Some of these versions have also appeared on various compilations throughout the years.
In a 1995 interview with Peter Doggett (found on the limited edition Rykodisc release An Overview Disc), former Stiff Records label-mate Elvis Costello mentions that, due to their unusual vocal styles, Stiff had originally envisioned a split LP between himself and Eric, with each artist taking one side of the record.
All songs written by Wreckless Eric, except where noted.
- "Reconnez Cherie" 3:15
- "Rags and Tatters" 1:28
- "Waxworks" 2:46
- "Telephoning Home" 3:59
- "Grown Ups" 2:54
- "(I'd Go The) Whole Wide World" 2:52
- "Rough Kids" (Ian Dury, Russell Hardy) 2:02
- "Personal Hygiene" 2:42
- "Brain Thieves" 3:48
- "There Isn't Anything Else" 2:35
1994 reissue bonus tracks
- "Semaphore Signals"
- "Be Stiff" (Version 1) (Gerald V. Casale, Bob Lewis)
- "Be Stiff" (Version 2)
- Wreckless Eric: Vocals, Guitars, Drums
- Steve Currie: Bass
- Steve Goulding, Dave Lutton, Dave Otway, David Witton: Drums
- Charlie Hart: Piano, Organ, Accordion
- Glyn Johns: Tenor Saxophone
- Nick Lowe: Bass, Guitars
- Barry Payne: Bass
- Davey Payne: Alto & Tenor Saxophone
- Larry Wallis: Guitars
- Produced by Barry Farmer, Larry Wallis, Ian Dury and Nick Lowe
- Recorded and engineered By Chas Herington
- Stephen Thomas Erlewine. "Wreckless Eric - Wreckless Eric | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 611. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- [dead link]