||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2015)|
Project management software
Wrike, Inc. is a privately held project management application service provider based in San Jose, California. The company was founded in 2006 and launched its first release to a public beta in 2007. Wrike's primary product is an online tool for project management and collaboration. It enables its user to control projects, keep an eye on the deadlines and schedule, prioritise tasks and collaborate with others in multifunctional teams to get things done. The application is available in English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese and Russian.
||This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (January 2013)|
2004 - The idea for Wrike came to Andrew Filev, Wrike's founder, from a need for an agile tool to manage offices, projects, departments. Since the main medium for collaboration on tasks with associates in small and medium business is email, Wrike was developed in an integration with email.
December, 2006 - The beta version of Wrike was released.
June, 2007 - Wrike's professional version was released.
September, 2008 - Wrike helped Canadian student Formula team build a racing car.
October, 2009 - Spanish Version was launched. .
April, 2010 – Integrated with Google Docs.
June, 2010 – Activity Stream was released – a built-in microblogging tool that allows everyone on the team to instantly share information and links.
October, 2010 – New Social Version was released. It brought social networking features, such as comments and newsfeed, to project management software.
December, 2010 – API was released. It allows customers to synchronize data between Wrike and other business applications, desktop, Web and mobile tools.
February, 2011 – Free native apps for iPhone, iPad and BlackBerry were released.
October, 2011 – Integrated with Jive’s Enterprise Social Platform.
December, 2011 – Cloud document management without downloading was released.
May, 2012 – Free version is released.
June, 2012 – Wrike Raises $1Million from TMT investment.
September, 2012 - Live editor enabling real-time collaborative text editing released. 
October, 2012 – Apple Mail plugin that enables email-based collaboration across different platforms released. 
November, 2012 – New mobile apps released: a native app for iOS, a native app for Android devices and a browser version for mobile platforms. 
December, 2012 – Wrike is now available in five more languages: German, French, Italian, Portuguese (Brazil) and Japanese. 
March, 2013 – Interactive timeline (Gantt chart) is now available in Wrike’s iPhone and Android Apps. 
October, 2013 – Wrike Raises $10 Million from Bain Capital Ventures. 
December, 2013 – Wrike launches its Enterprise version for large companies that manage thousands of people and hundreds of projects on a daily basis. 
Awards and industry recognition
- 2006 - The b2b category at Le Web 3 (“Les Blogs conference” for entrepreneurs, bloggers and web 2.0 players around the world).
- 2008 - The eWeek Excellence Award in the productivity application category.
- 2009 - The Red Herring Top 100 Global Company Award.
- 2010 - The Tool of the Month Award from Clever Tester Network.
- 2011 - Winner in SenchaCon Contest.
- 2011 - Finalist in the American Business Awards in the category “Computer Software – New Version.”.
- 2013 – Won the “OnDemand Companies to Watch” award by AlwaysOn.
Wrike features organizing projects and subprojects in a flexible hierarchy, editing schedules on a Gantt chart, creation of tasks from emails, file sharing, time tracking, RSS & iCal feeds, Microsoft Excel import and export, task version control, Microsoft Project import, activity stream, API, Google Apps integration (including Gmail contextual gadget), permalinks, rich text in descriptions, tagging, a central dashboard, a three-pane layout, and mobile applications for the iPhone, iPad and Blackberry. Wrike has basic CRM functionality CRM functionalityand now includes custom fields and custom workflows.
Wrike's front-end is built using the ExtJS Rich Internet application framework. This provides for a responsive feel, and for seeing updates made by other team members without reloading the current page.
Wrike allows managers to decentralize updating and control of overall plans and permits online access to plans that is equal for all selected participants.
Wrike's vision is to connect work for all information workers into a work graph (term coined by Wrike) and let people collaborate on the shared work-related data among each other, just as everyone shares their personal photos, interests and news in social networks. With work data at its center, the work graph is supposed to let people easily access the necessary data, no matter how much of it is shared with them.
- List of collaborative software
- List of project management software
- List of applications with iCalendar support
- "Andrew Filev, Wrike: In the business of managing projects", In2up, 17 August 2012. Retrieved on 17 August 2012.
- Michael Zhang (March 1, 2007). "Interview with Wrike". Folksonomy. Archived from the original on 2007-11-17. Retrieved 2007-12-04.
- Jim Rapoza (July 3, 2007). "Taking the Simple Route for Projects". eWEEK. Retrieved 2007-12-04.
- Amanda C. Kooser (April 2007). "Helpful Hub". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2007-12-04.
- Richard Morochove (July 23, 2007). "Project Management Lite: Basecamp and Wrike". PCWorld. Retrieved 2007-12-04.
- Vivek (June 19, 2007). "Wrike goes Pro". StartupSquad. Retrieved 2007-12-04.
- "Canadian Student Formula Team Is on Its Way to Win the Race With Wrike's Help". September 2008. Archived from the original on 2013-01-02. Retrieved 2009-04-28.
- Allen Stern (August 4, 2008). "Wrike Launches Enterprise Hosted Project Management Tool". CenterNetworks. Retrieved 2009-04-28.
- "Project Management Software-as-a-Service Wrike.com Launches Spanish Version". July 24, 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
- "Wrike.com Gets Online Document Management via Google Docs". YouWorkOnline. April 14, 2010. Retrieved 2011-06-14.
- "Wrike Introduces a Game-Changing Microblogging Tool for Project Managers". Bloomberg Businessweek. June 4, 2010. Retrieved 2011-06-14.
- "Project Management Made Social with the Release of the New Wrike". ComputerUser. October 28, 2010. Retrieved 2011-06-14.
- Leena Rao (December 15, 2010). "Project Management Tool Wrike Opens Up API". TechCrunchIT. Retrieved 2011-06-14.
- "Wrike Extends Social Project Management Platform to Mobile with Free Apps for iPhone, iPad and BlackBerry". iPhone World. February 8, 2011. Retrieved 2011-06-14.
- "Wrike's Collaboration Software Included in Leading Analyst Firm's PPM Market Research". PRWeb. June 9, 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-08.
- "Wrike Brings Its Award-Winning Project Management Solution to Jive’s Enterprise Social Platform". CMSWire. October 5, 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- "Wrike’s Project Management Tool Goes Freemium". GigaOM. November 9, 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- "Wrike Releases A Free Version Of Its Project Management App". Techcrunch. May 30, 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- "Etherpad Now Baked Into Social Project Management App Wrike". Techcrunch. September 2012. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- "Wrike brings its email supplement to the Mac". pandodaily.com. October 2012. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- "Wrike's Project Management Software Launches in Italian, French, German and Brazilian Portuguese". Techcrunch. December 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-12.
- "Wrike Integrates with Box to Improve File and Project Management". cmswire.com. June 2013. Retrieved 2013-06-22.
- "Share your Plans with Wrike - LeWeb3 Startup Winner". Go 2 Web 2.0. December 13, 2006. Retrieved 2011-06-14.
- Debra Donston (June 9, 2009). "eWEEK Excellence Awards Honorees Reflect New IT Computing Trends, Challenges". eWeek. Retrieved 2011-06-14.
- "Wrike". Crunch Base. Retrieved 2011-06-14.
- "SenchaCon 2011 Contest Winners". SenchaCon 2011 Contest. Sencha. 2011-10-27. Retrieved 2012-01-30.
In third place, winning an iPad 2 and $2,500, was Wrike, an Ext-JS-based project-management application designed for enterprise collaboration.
- "New Product Awards & Product Management Categories". Stevie Awards. Retrieved 2011-06-14.
- "Wrike as a simple CRM solution". Retrieved 2015-04-13.
- "Personalize Wrike with New Custom Fields". Archived from the original on 2015-04-13. Retrieved 2015-04-13.
- "Accelerate Your Business with Wrike’s New Custom Workflows". Archived from the original on 2015-04-13. Retrieved 2015-04-13.
- Bill Ives (October 8, 2007). "Wrike: Online Project Management for the Rest of Us". FastForwardBlog. Retrieved 2007-12-04.