|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
|Headquarters||New York, NY, USA|
|Key people||Daniel Morel
Chairman of the Board CEO
|Parent||Young & Rubicam|
Wunderman is a network of advertising, marketing and consulting companies with offices in 55 countries. Headquartered in New York City, Wunderman is part of Young & Rubicam Brands and a member of WPP Group (NASDAQ: WPPGY).
Founder Lester Wunderman is widely considered to be the creator of modern-day Direct Marketing—a term he originated in a 1967 speech at MIT. Along with co-founders Irv, Dell, Ed Ricotta and Harry Kline, they opened Philips, Ricotta & Klein in 1958. Among the agency’s early innovations are the Columbia Record Club, the 1-800 toll-free number for businesses (developed for a Toyota campaign, the United States Post Office campaign for "Mr. Zip" and the zip code, and the magazine subscription card.)
A long-time relationship with American Express eventually led to the first customer rewards program—a breakthrough means of keeping customers loyal to a brand that has since transformed the travel and retail industries as well.
WRK [Wunderman, Ricotta & Kline] was acquired by Young & Rubicam in 1973, and has since expanded its reach into the interactive, strategic and data-analysis fields.
The agency was briefly renamed Impiric in the late 1990s, before returning to its heritage and rebranding itself as Wunderman 6 months later.
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (December 2013)|
Wunderman is the largest global marketing services network in the world. Their network currently comprises 15 companies and 145 offices across 59 countries. The companies are
- Actionline, a Latin American customer contact center
- Actis Wunderman, a Russian digital agency
- AGENDA, an Asian company specializing in interactive advertising
- Burrows Ltd, a UK based design agency.
- all access, a Swiss events company
- aquaonline, a South African online advertising specialist
- Blast Radius, a strategic interactive agency
- Comwerks Interactive, full-service interactive agency
- Designkitchen, online advertising specialist
- facts and fiction, an events company
- Futurecom, Swiss-based boutique advertiser
- i-Behaviour, customer and business transaction data
- Kassius French based digital advertising
- KBM Group, database management and analysis
- RTCRM, relationship management
- Tattoo, digital agency in MENA region
- These Days Benelux online advertising
- Wunderman 3, promotion, retail and events agency
- Wunderman Dentsu Tokyo, Japanese-based
- Wunderman PXP, Austrian based Wunderman office
- Wunderman World Health
- DATACORE Marketing, Direct Marketing, Data Management Solutions, Business Intelligence
Global Clients include AARP, Abbott Laboratories, Burger King, Citibank, Coca Cola, Danone, Dell, Diageo, Ford, Jaguar, Kimberly-Clark, Kraft, Land Rover, Lufthansa, Mazda, Michelin, Microsoft, Natura, Nokia, Sears, T-Mobile, Telefonica, Wyeth, and Xbox.
- Advertising Age, December 31, 2007