|Single by Alan Jackson|
|from the album When Somebody Loves You|
|B-side||"It's Alright to Be a Redneck"|
|Released||October 2, 2000|
|Format||Promo-only CD single
7" 45 RPM
|Label||Arista Nashville 69020|
|Alan Jackson singles chronology|
"www.memory" is a song written and recorded by American country music singer Alan Jackson. The song was released in October 2000 as the first single from his album When Somebody Loves You. The song peaked number 6 for Jackson on the Hot Country Songs charts in early 2001.
The song uses Internet terminology, such as "if you feel the need, just click on me", with Jackson directing his fictional lover to a website called "www.memory", omitting a required top-level domain. The lyric describes love gone wrong, but it adds a new twist in that the guy invites his old flame to take a stroll down memory lane via www.memory.
Deborah Evans Price, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably, calling it a "winning little tune drenched in steel guitar and resonating with good-ole-boy country charm" She states that the lyric is "cleverly written and delivered in his usual impeccable style."
"www.memory" debuted at number 46 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of October 7, 2000.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||6|
|US Billboard Hot 100||45|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||51|
- Billboard Music Charts
- allmusic ((( When Somebody Loves You > Overview )))
- Alan Jackson stays true to his roots with latest album
- Billboard, April 15, 2000
- "Alan Jackson Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Alan Jackson.
- "Alan Jackson Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Alan Jackson.
- "Best of 2001: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2001. Retrieved August 14, 2012.