||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2009)
wxDev-C++ is a free integrated development environment (IDE) that is based on the popular Dev-C++.
There are various features not found in the original Dev-C++. One of these is a visual RAD designer that works like C++ Builder to create wxWidgets applications. wxDev-C++ supports both Microsoft compilers and GNU compilers (MinGW).
The latest version is 7.4.2, released in June 2012.
- Integrated support for CVS.
wxWidgets Form Designer:
- Generates XRC XML resources
- Drag-and-drop design paradigm
- Supports wxWidgets' size-based layouts (or do without it!)
- Connect events to member functions within the editor
- Support for GDB
- Variable watches
- Automatic stack tracing
- Local variables list
- Displays disassembly and CPU registers
- Class browser
- Code completion
- Project management
- Project profiles
- Customizable syntax highlighting
- Automatic inline assembly highlighting
- To do List
- Built-in CVS support
- Supports MinGW/Visual C++ (6, 2003, 2005 and 2008)
Quickly create Windows and console applications, static libraries and DLL's
Support for project templates to expedite the creation of new project types
Package manager (through the use of DevPaks), for easy installation of add-on libraries
See also 
External links